Winning auctions for same or more than retail?

This sounds strangely familiar to me…

I immediately called HDH and told them that I did not bid what the software said I bid. They were very reluctant to allow me to cancel my bid, but my position was that when I slid the bar on the app, it said “bid $850” and the result was $950. I did not bid $950. I bid $850.

The fix may be a button or something you can click within some period of time (maybe 5 seconds or so) to renege on your bid (don’t think that’s likely). or maybe it’s a specific dollar button that pops up on the screen that you hit that reflects “$850” and, when the price changes, that button disappears and the button reflecting the next bid increment ($900) moves to another part of the screen. I really don’t know.

Did HDH outsource its bidding process to Priceline?

Making the advice to bid what you want beforehand even more sound…if anything I will go back and update bids (for example if nothing early has hit) but always on future lots. In general though I find the hdh interface light years superior to any auction house. The ability to very easily group lots is great.

I agree that the HDH online format is better than others, but if you bid live, you often can pick up wines really cheap. I have picked up wines below the online reserve (i.e., what they permit you to bid prior to the auction) in the past three auctions.