WTB or Trade: 1971 Ridge Eisele (I know)

What’s with the “8 waxed capsules” ?

Somehow He doesn’t understand that the Phelps cellar provenance > than six WSET bottle inspectors. Please refrain from throwing shade [rofl.gif]

Ha.

OP wanted a bottle with known provenance. I was just giving an example of how much known provenance cost. I wasn’t degrading winebid or any other auction house.

Also wondering.

It wasn’t my intention to throw shade either. I know Winebid to be a legit operation as a buyer and a seller. I was simply stating that as a matter of preference, I would rather buy such a wine from an individual who may have a more detailed provenance history than is often provided with online auctions (whether it’s WineBid, K&L, Zachy’s or any other outfit). I have placed a bid on the Winebid bottle (Full disclosue… no idea obviously if others here have as well), but with greater provenance detail, I’d probably be willing to spend more.

Hi folks,

Thanks as always for your patronage of WineBid as buyers and sellers, for your comments and for your constructive feedback.

I was replying, admittedly strongly, to the suggestion that the provenance of wines coming from a private individual is any better than that coming from a credible auction house (let alone the legality of private individuals selling wine, which is another story).

It’s unfortunate that the wine auction industry seems to have a trust and transparency problem, still rooted in the RudyK days. Although to my knowledge WineBid was never involved in that. But I also understand that the prior management of WineBid refused to get involved with Berserkers, and was not very transparent. This probably contributed to the lack of understanding and misperceptions about WineBid on this forum.
So, apologies if I seem sensitive, but I’ve just seen too many direct and not-so-direct questions and insinuations about the provenance of wines on WineBid, that are subjective and not based on fact. Berserkers is a public forum, and if people make inaccurate or subjective statements that I feel reflect poorly on our inventory or our brand, then it’s only fair that I can reply and participate with the facts or opinions.

As you all have noted, and thank you very much for your kind comments, I have taken the opposite approach. I and the team are attempting to be very active and supportive of the Berserker community, to provide very responsive and personalized service, and to help expand everyone’s knowledge and improve the trust and brand perception in WineBid and the industry as a whole.

To that end, the feedback about possibly expanding our provenance notes is useful and we will take it under consideration, although I believe that we already provide much more detailed notes than any other online or live auction house. You all have provided great ideas and we have implemented many of them. To the comment about “taking it private” or offline, that is simply because #1) it’s a lot easier and faster for me and customer service to address any of your questions by email, which we are in daily, rather than Berserkers, which I only log in a couple of times a week and #2) none of us want or need Berserkers to be our public customer service board- this space is used for a lot better things than that!

Again, we appreciate your very active and enthusiastic participation in our auctions, as buyers and as sellers.

Hope everyone’s year is going well so far and you are finding lots of great wines to taste and to share, and we’ll see you in the auction again soon.