WTSO in legal battle

Their custom bottling sounds a lot like how Total Wine operates. The orange tags are generally an indicator of a wine exclusive to TW.

Yep, hardly unique to WTSO, whether an exclusive product or not. As a consumer I generally (there are weak moments of impulse purchases I suppose) try to do a little due diligence on pricing, and buy a product whose price is a value/worth it to me. Percent of savings isn’t necessarily a driver. I guess I’m kind of numb to “suggested retail”.

Cheers!

That PH Rare was a killer deal! I bought that too from WTSO and wish I’d bought them out. Super kick ass!

Can anyone explain how they can say a wine is “XX% OFF” if the price it is ‘compared’ to is NOT a price that has ever been actually established in trade?? If they were careful enough to change “original” to “comparable”, did they miss this?
IMG_3957.PNG

I just bought a wine from WTSO that showed the comparable price of $44.00. I checked the winery’s website and it is $44. Legit on this one.

With a settlement of nearly $13 million it really makes me wonder what’s really going under the covers at WTSO …

How does one collect on the ‘credits’?

That settlement amount is misleading though since almost $11 million of that is credits against future purchases…at a max of $2 a bottle.

Lawyers got there 1.8mm in cash, not credits per bottle though!

I wonder if WTSO will even tell their customers they have credits, or will it just get applied automatically…or will customers have to special request it and prove they are entitled to the credits with receipts or something.

We should look into this.

Without Credit Price!!!: <add $2 to list price here>

WTSO’s lawyers earned their fee. Just like most coupons or even gift certificates, most “credits” will never be redeemed.

How much do the pull in yearly to accept this

Ha! Like ‘cash price’ at a gas station. Put your card in the slot…different price!