East Bay Riesling Squad Official Meeting Thread! (3rd Tues 09/03, 4th TBD)

Where: Gangnam Tofu in El Cerrito, CA
When: Tuesday July 16, 6pm (PST)
What: BYOB meet, greet, and tasting for Riesling lovers in the East Bay!

Please reply here if interested (with your home location), and you’ll be added to the list. Prost!:clinking_glasses:

@Colby_Scott (Albany)
@Pau1_M3nk3s (El Cerrito)
@AlexW (Oakland)
Brad_S (Berkeley)
@J.Lopera (Berkeley)
@PedroHB +1 (Berkeley)

1 Like

Yabba Dabba Doo! Bringing my favorite Hermann Ludes Spätlese (94 Ritsch) and a Martin Müllen trocken. And ready for some Gangnam chicken!

1 Like

Forgot to mention that Gangnam Tofu is on the casual side, so you’ll want to bring your glassware of choice.

Riesling event in the East Bay – spectacular! Count me in.
I’m in Berkeley. I’ll bring something fun.

3 Likes

I am in, that sounds amazing! I am headed up that way during that week anyway! Looking forward to it! Thanks for inviting me.

3 Likes

My wife and I (Berkeley) would love to join!

3 Likes

Excellent! :partying_face::champagne:

We’re going to cap it here at 8 for now, since that’s the size of the table we have reserved. But please do reply or message me if you’re interested in coming as we can either see if we can reserve a bigger table or put you first on the list for the next meeting. :heart_on_fire::clinking_glasses:

Me me me! (Oakland)

1 Like

Hey everyone, it looks like I wont be able to make it. Another trip came up, unfortunately. I will be in SF on the 17th but won’t be able to be there on the 16th anymore. Have a great time and I will join next time!

3 Likes

A couple folks can’t make it so room for one more! This upcoming Tuesday. Please PM or reply here if interested.

Tomorrow is the day! Riesling! Chicken!

4 Likes

This is one of the best wine weeks, ever (for me).

Tomorrow, inaugural EBRG meeting!! :partying_face::heart_on_fire:
Wednesday, Hardy Wallace lecture! :wine_glass::fire:
Thursday, Skurnik German tasting! :clinking_glasses::sparkling_heart:

I don’t even know what to do with myself…

3 Likes

Fun! I’ve been having a white wine week. Dinner at friend’s house Saturday with Hermitage Blanc, Chateau Simone Blanc and a Bandol Blanc, and tonight I recreated a cold Creme de chou-fleur we had last Wednesday in Vouvray and opened a 2017 Beau Rivage. Great pairing! And tomorrow, well, we shall see. :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Excited for tonight!

1 Like

Beautiful day in the Bay for a Riesling study! :sun_with_face:
Still have room for one more!! :metal::clinking_glasses:

@Colby_Scott - in…!! Now what? -John (The Bottle List)

1 Like

@J.McConnell we are looking at a September 3 meeting in Albany. A few of us are looking to meet up this Tuesday at Kao Kao on College in Berkeley if you’re interested. And if anyone else is interested post here!

Greetings all! Just wanted to introduce myself and my love of Riesling. Tom here.
Found y’all as a bit of a +1 ala @J.McConnell & @Colby_Scott
Thank you for your inclusivity.
Looking forward to sharing a meal and good juice with this collective group in the near future. Hoping to make first splash Sept 3 in Albany, if you’ll have me.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard the Riesling train :steam_locomotive: @T.Inners
Hock bottles for life… :drooling_face:

For Tuesday 8/13 at 6 PM at Kao Kao we have:

@J.McConnell
@PedroHB + Clare (sp?)
B_Sasser
@Pau1_M3nk3s
@J.Lopera

Anyone else interested?

PS: I’m bringing a Riesling. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: