You can only buy from two producers . . .

Not very original but very practical, I would have to choose Ridge and Jadot. These two would cover what I want but there may be better choices for Burgundy. As long as I have a solid Chablis and red burgundy, I’m happy. Then, throw in Ridge and I get a smokin Cab and Zin; I think I could survive.

Bedrock and Ridge for variety/QPR/consistency. The only issue with my list is there’s no PN. And I probably couldn’t survive w/o PN so maybe I need to rethink my answer. . . If I could increase my $$/btl, my answers would be different.

I don’t buy much Paul Hobbs, but I think this would be a great option as well. Best known for the Cabernets, but there’s also Pinot, Chardonnay, and a Syrah. By the same virtue, Peter Michael.

I think I would take a fresh approach and choose Clos Solene and Kinero. Trending producers that will likely evolve in a positive way over the next several years.

My runners up would be Arcadian and Nicora.

k.

Dujac because it represents quintessential red burgundy
Krug because you gotta have some bubbles!

I’ll go broke with Guillaume expands his offerings.

Bordeaux - Haut Brion

Burgundy - Armand Rousseau

I thought I had unique insights and taste in wine before reading this thread. Assuming my means stay the same and prices stay the same it has to be ridge and jadot. The only thing I’d be missing would be taut n rhone Syrah but maybe once in a while I could trade a monte bello for a glass of cornas…

Interestingly I own a stack of ridge and since moving to the us have joined all three wine clubs but jadot is probably not in my top dozen or even 20 producers by volume - however I have hugely enjoyed the wines, especially maturer c de b reds and you have great stuff red and white across the range.

I seem to have bought more and drank more of Matello and Cameron this year. Who knows what next years palate change will evoke. newhere

is this hypothetical just a way of asking what one’s two favorite producers are?

That was my thought at first too, but then I instead went for the new and interesting (for me at least).

Point taken.

k.

Maison Ilan (faith)
Aubert (experience)

Faiveley
Krug

Willi Schaefer
G Conterno

The Question is just too broad for me to pick two producers out of all the diverse wines from many countries that I love.

Krankl and rivers marie

Faiveley for their range (now including Billaud Simon Chablis and I’d be able to get some Musigny, presumably) and Rousseau. I’d scrape by but I’d miss Champagne, Sauternes and Alsatian wines in particular.

Does Rudy count? I would buy the bottles he didn’t screw with, but still be buying from a producer.

Failing that Haut Brion and Dujac.

not really
Drouhin is not near the top for me but I chose them for range. I suppose I should say Henriot since that will get me Cote d’Or, Chablis, Beaujolais, Champagne, Spain, Italy…

Do all M. Chapoutier’s projects around the world count as one producer?

I am in Australia, so availability is a big factor, as is affordability given markups of imports are pretty horrendous. So the other one I’d take would be Yalumba - they produce across a number of regions - Barossa, Eden, Clare and Coonawarra (among others) They make products at a range of price points with consistency and good QPR, and while they also cover the standard grape types, they also work with a range of alternate varieties.