Yountville - Favorite Restaurants and Tasting Rooms

Bouchon is OK, but do not go to Bottega. Over hyped, salt shaker heavy place. Overall we were a little underwhelmed by dining in Yountville. Not bad, just expected more.

ReddWood, Ciccio or Bistro Jeanty for dinnerā€¦

As for tasting rooms, call ahead to Carlos at V Wine Cellars in the Marketplace and he can curate a nice tasting for you of different producers. Their reserve room is the stuff that Napa dreams are made ofā€¦

Restaurants: French Laundry, Ad Hoc, Bouchon, Bistro Jeanty. The latter three we always go to when we stop by Yountville. The first one we aspire to visit regularly. Also, Addendum in the spring/summer and Bouchon Bakery.

Tasting: Hestan for sure.

We really enjoyed our lunch at Mustards after our visit to VHR.

Iā€™m actually in Napa in late September as well and have one night free for dinner. Having never been to Bouchon or Bistro Jeanty, which one should I go to? Menus sort of look similar with some variation but both have all the French bistro classics.

Otherwise, I was planning on going back to Press where we had a killer meal a couple years ago.

Thanks!

I had a res for jeanty on my upcoming trip but was outvoted so going to bottega

Bouchon feels more upscale, the dining style is more like NYC (tables are all close together) and it is very lively (sometimes a bit loud). Bistro Jeanty is very laid back, has more of a French bistro feel. Food and service at both are fantastic. You really canā€™t go wrong at either.

Definitely this.

Iā€™m with you. The main difference between Jeanty and Bouchon is Bouchon is more sophisticated and more expensive. Jeanty is comfort food in a cozy space at a less expensive price. Bottega is no longer on my list.

Thanks everyone. Jeanty it is!

Good call!

My girlfriend has a terribly-timed birthday, December 29. This year weā€™re staying in Yountville on the 28th and 29th, annnnnd now that weā€™ve paid for the flights, rental car and room, I note that nothing anyone has mentioned above with any excitement (Ad Hoc, Bouchon, Bistro Jeanty) is actually open on Tuesday or Wednesday. (This is part of the curse of the birthday timing.) We will drive elsewhere in the valley - any suggestions to replace those fine establishments?

Big fan of Charter Oak here.
If you want to drive into Napa, Torc has been killing it of late

1 Like

What is your budget? Do you have the patience and emotional fortitude to beg for a table?

Torc is a great choice. Closer by, in addition to Charter Oak, Press is also crushing it lately, moving away from the steakhouse focus.

1 Like

Our meal at Press was the trip favorite. Donā€™t sleep on the pig ears.

1 Like

I must be in the minority, but my wife and I were very underwhelmed by Press when we are there a couple of months ago. We thought the food was average at best and service was very poor.

Auberge du Soleil is normally open on Wednesdays. Solid food and by the glass menu. North Block sounds interesting, but Iā€™ve never been.

Canā€™t really go wrong in any case. About the only restaurant Iā€™d never step foot in again starts with a B and ends in a y.

1 Like

Bottega. It may sound a little unusual but I recommend the Spaghetti alla Sophia Loren

1 Like

Just retuned in September.
The CIA At Copia was very good. The desserts, not so much.
Ciccioā€™s was disappointing to say the least.
Venture north to Brasswoodā€™s. Awesome.
Breakfast at Solbar, Solage Calistoga is an amazing experience.
Bouchon Bakery is not to be missed.

1 Like