Your favorite Boudot

Thank you Gerhard- that confirms one of the earliest wine tales I ever heard where the answer has remained a mystery, or at least until now.

Makes me feel a little better about those producers overall. I always felt the Ambroise and Serafin wines could eventually overcome the oak- but not the others.

Craig:

I consumed the Boudots in 2010 along with a few others from the vineyard. Then we did another NSG tasting in 2012 and in deference to me, since I generally just don’t like NSG, the group decided to bring mostly Boudots, including several Leroys and a couple of Meos.

Also , when there is a generation switch , wines can become completely different

I had the 2006 Meo. A more detailed note on cellar tracker (take the little from it that you will). Ultimately, felt this was the best producer. Had more complexity and the putrid sweetness was not at the forefront. At the end, I was not wowed by this either — that same sweetness popped up again. So maybe I’m just not a boudots fan anymore. My takeaway thus far is (I) palate shift is real and (II) i will rank them Meo first, G-M second, Grivot last (without miles of difference between them). I purchased a 2008 and 2015 Meo alongside the 2006, and will drink them and hope for a better reaction.

Friends,

My vote goes to GEORGES NOELLAT followed by Grivot. I must,however, add JJ Confuron who rarely disappoints at a far more interesting price than most other competitors.

SINCERELY JOHAN

I know I am late to join this thread but since it is a very intersting issue with always valuable newcomers on the block the discusssionn can never be closed. Anyone having positive experiences lately with the MONGEARD-MUGNERET BOUDOTS?
SINCERELY JOHAN

I’ve really liked the Michel noellat boudots.

I know it’s an old thread, but where is Leroy?
It’s expensive - but usually great

Robert–you missed the header, which says “X-Leroy” what are your two favorite Boudots.

Yes, now I see … thanks.
That happens when not scrolling up completely … [shrug.gif]

If you’d like to share some Robert, we’d be happy to form our own opinions. [cheers.gif]