Your Gin?

Tanqueray and tonic, or a dry Hendrick’s martini with a splash of ginger liqueur, garnished with cucumber. I have a wide gin palate.

Usually buy Hendricks but picked up a bottle of Darnley’s View.

http://www.darnleysview.com/

Really good, more citrus than Hendricks a little lighter worth a try.

George

+1

Citadelle is easily the best gin I’ve had. Cleanest, crispiest gin I’ve had. Buy it by the case here to make sure I don’t run out!

Hendricks, Tanqueray 10, and Boodles.

Beefeater 24 is pretty tasty as well, although not vastly different than regular Beefeater. A little softer and more citrusy I’d say.

I haven’t had anything better than Hendricks. Anything in the same price range or less as good?

I’m with Jon.

If you haven’t read some of the other threads in this forum you may not have seen the recommendation for Death’s Door Gin. Check it out. And yes, it is probably better than Hendrick’s. [neener.gif]

I just tried Blackwoods Small Batch, and I have to say, it’s a damn fine sipping gin.

Jeeze, it took a rainy day for me to find my way over here to the spirits forum!

If I’m out on the town, it’s Bombay and tonic. At home Sapphire. flirtysmile For those of you around Sonoma County, a half gallon can be had for $25 at the Bottle Barn, that’s even cheaper than Costco.

I miss the Sarticious. I tried the new Blade (maybe made by the same folks).

North Shore Distillery #6

http://www.northshoredistillery.com/gin6.htm

I’ve been in the Sapphire camp for as long as I can remember but with all of these Hendricks rec’s I think I’ll have to give it a try.

Tanqueray & Tonic with a nice wedge of lemon from the tree on the porch!

I tried cleaning with gin but have found it leaves an odor that is not pleasing.

When I saw your Glorious Hair out the other night at a club it was drinking a gin martini FWIW. Maybe you guys are like Jekyll and Hyde?

This thread, combined with Sunday boredom, prompted a trip to BevMo where I picked up a bottle of Hendricks.

Blind tasted both 3 different ways. Straight, on the rocks, and in a simple Gin and Tonic.

Preferred Hendricks over Sapphire in all three. It’s just much more floral and complex across the board.

Having said that, I am not kicking my Sapphire to the curb either as I do still like it quite a lot.

Just received notice from the local Bev-Mo that they have Hayman’s Old Tom in stock again…guess I need to get some and have a try!

Anybody had this? I’m not a gin fan…but this has to be the most $ gin on the market?

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1061164

Nolet’s Reserve

This is ridiculous (re Nolet gin). First, people in Holland don’t drink “gin,” they drink genever which as we all know is different from London Dry Gin. These people are trying to capitalize on an international audience and are just trying to gouge. As frugal as the dutch are, I can hardly believe they are serious. Most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in a long time, maybe ever.

Wilf,

I first thought this was a joke also. I was looking through a distributors liquor book when I noticed the pricing…I thought, wow, that much (at wholesale no less) for a gin?..Must be a mistake. So, I started the search and what do you know…K&L has it for $690!