Zalto Glasses: Does Anyone Sell Individual Glasses????

They are indeed sturdier than they seem…and are actually pretty sturdy. As above, my first broken one came from the stem separating from the bowl. The second broken one from being poorly packed into the dishwasher and breaking. Otherwise, they’ve lasted well…and I think, for Burgundy, are as good as any glass I’ve experienced re: showing off the wine’s best.

If anyone finds a cheaper place to get them…please yell…

Stuart - do you use their Burgundy glass or their Universal glass for red Burgundy? I tried both side by side once and found better nose from the Burgundy glass and better palate from the Universal but I haven’t revisited the experiment since. That Burg glass is hard to transport and I usually drink less expensive wines at home.

can’t say I’ve had this type of experience but I will say that I think the Bordeaux glass has a wide enough base for burg/Nebbiolo

I like the Burgundy glass a lot; never had one of the “universal”.

First learned about the line from an importer friend who gave me a Bordeau glass…and it was good for Burg/Nebb and White Burg…I thought. It broke and I ordered a Burg glass, which is more specific and, I think, better for RB and Nebb. I broke a second Bordeau at some point and never re-ordered.

Frankly, I never take glasses with me anywhere, especially those. And, except at BYOB, I drink all my better wine at home.

I am not that particular about glasses out of home, as long as they are decent for the purpose. Maybe I should be…but…I have low expectations for most wines in restaurants, whether I bring them or not…

I originally tried the Universal because Jeremy Seysses posted here that it was his favorite for Burgundy.

I agree with you regarding the Zalto burg glasses – a month or so ago I was drinking some top notch burg with a friend, he was using the Zalto and I was using the Riedel Vinum burg glass. We realized we were using different glasses and decided to try wine out of both – where the Riedel had a huge nose and aromas, the Zalto was quite muted. I was very surprised…

Yes exactly my experience - even some cabernet glass from Crate & Barrel showed off the wine much better than the Zalto burg. I don’t know why.

Right now, at the recommendation of a nebbiolo fanatic, I drink all the baroli from Bottega del Vino Supervenetian glass. Works wonderfully.

I like those Bottega glasses but I’ve NEVER seen 'em on sale.