Zoom event with Morgan Twain-Peterson and Joel Peterson--Thursday, May 7th @ 5PM PT / 8PM ET

It does seem like with Covid-19 it’s sometimes hard to distinguish one day from another, and part of thread title proves my point. April 7th?

PM sent…potential wine(s) selected…

Ravenswood 1999 Big River Zin
Once & Future 2018 Teldeschi Vineyard Zin

I might select the Bedrock 2018 Lorenzo’s Heritage instead of O&F, since I have a good quantity… decisions, decisions…

Cheers,
JP

I’ll get the PMs out to all of you once I get the link from Frenchie.

I’ll be doing the 2018 Evangelho for this Thursday.

PMs are caught up. If you sent me a PM and you didn’t get a reply from me, then shame on my admin skills, and please PM me again.

We’re right around 40 people so far, which is terrific. Keep PM’ing me for the link.

Thanks for organizing this. Regretting I missed the Carlisle/Officer Zoom.

Was thinking of an Exposition, probably a 2011, but this looks like a good idea. Not a coravin user, though, so will probably open a bottle of each.

I think this is the route that I’m going as well. Ive always wanted to do it, and this is just too perfect of an opportunity.

On Thursday, I would like to share with Morgan and Joel the passion many of you feel for these guys and their wines.

My challenge then goes to those of you who want to help Todd and I enrich the event, make it more powerful…take a moment and send me a PM that shares why you have strong feelings about these wines, about Morgan and Joel. Maybe it’s a short story, maybe a wine you tasted or a bottle that really moved you, etc. I just need a few sentences or a paragraph, which I will weave into my opening remarks on Thursday. If you don’t want your name used, just tell me in your PM and I will omit it.

I do think we can make the event stronger if I can weave more of you into the beginning of it so please give me a hand and send me some PMs. I’d appreciate it.

Thanks to those folks who PM’d me a story or good memory for me to use during the intro. If you have one as I mentioned in the last post, please PM that to me as I can use a few more.

As for some visuals, here are some photos that can get us all into the spirit for Thursday. Enjoy!
1- Morgan.jpg
4- IMG_1144.jpg
3- IMG_0157.jpg
2- joel and morgan.jpg
7- IMG_7750.jpeg
6- IMG_3200.jpeg
5- IMG_1787.jpeg
7a- Bedrock crew.jpg
8- EABFEFA5-EE3C-46C3-8032-0A89D391ACD4.JPG
9- FEEAB39C-43A4-4656-8B98-748D575A46EF.JPG
10- IMG_9406.jpeg
11- Bedrock.jpg

I’d highly recommend listening to Joel’s “I’ll Drink to That” episode, if you haven’t before. The man is a living legend and a storyteller of the very first order.

https://soundcloud.com/leviopenswine/joelpeterson

My message was meant for the Carlisle thread. Sorry for misplacing it in the Bedrock chat, I moved it over to Carlisle. See everyone on Thursday for the Peterson Zoom!

Just an awesome note/story William…but I’m guessing this was probably meant for the Carlisle Zoom Tasting thread, yeah? :slight_smile:

Just getting warmed up for tomorrow by starting tonight! Amazing where this Evangelho plot is located in Antioch.

Here is a Google map link to the vineyard. Glad these historic plots can be saved by guys like Morgan and
Mike.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/zFAhvqB9XCbhxicE9

Looking forward to tomorrow everyone.

We should have room for everyone to join tonight, as we’re around 75 people interested.

If you want to continue posting here what you will be opening for tonight, that would be great. And, use the thread here for your TNs if you’re a TN writer.

Stay safe, see you around 5PM PT tonight.

I popped the 2015 Pagani Ranch last night and had a glass. I will be finishing that bottle off tonight. Hopefully it will show just as well or better than it did last night. Looking forward to the event tonight. Thanks again Frank and Todd for all of your efforts during these tough times. These events have been truly enjoyable!

Going with the 2017 Once & Future Teldeschi “Frank’s Block” Zin

Seems like a good way to tie all three elements together, as Ravenswood, Bedrock and O&F all use/used Teldeschi fruit.

Will be enjoying a 2014 Pagani Ranch tonight. Looking forward to it!

2013 Carlisle Vineyard

I’m standing my 2010 Bedrock Heirloom right now. Somewhat last minute impulse to pull this, but can’t wait!

Have a 19’ Lulu and a 95’ Ravenswood Rancho Salina queued up for tonight