Mini-Offline: Napa, Saturday 07/17/2010---Updated with Time

Thanks for looking out for me Carrie! My group is super excited, and I’m really looking forward to putting faces with names and personalities from the forum. Y’all are gonna be shocked to find out that I really do look like a border collie!

Chad,
Not anymore of a surprise that I look like my avatar and use the same transportation [stirthepothal.gif]

Is there room for 1 more? I would love to participate and meet more cool wine folks. I can bring a red or a white or both…food too. Carrie and Randy are such wonderful hosts!
Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,
Glad to see our event finally dragged you out to post neener
I don’t think it’s a problem but Bill can chime in

No problem with me at all.

BTW, just heard back from Bryan, and his new Wagyu project should be coming online around this time. He said I could have pick of the litter when I visit the shop. Should prove for some tasty treats.

Thank you, Bill. I so look forward to it!
[cheers.gif]

Bill, do you know which vintage of Pavie you are bringing? I can also bring a matching Bordeaux vintage for comparison if I have one.

Bill and Carrie,

I can bring some cheeses and a side dish along with wine. Please let me know what you need and I will find it or make it to share!
I will be bringing an 08 Bevan Cab and 1 other…will decide once I see what others are bringing!!!

Kimberly

Probably a 2004.

Will also have a bottle of 2006 Combe des Fous with me.

Shoot… I was hoping you wouldn’t that. [cheers.gif] My only 2004 Bordeaux is a bottle of Haut Brion. Might be a fun comparison.

Kimberly,
Bill & I will figure out what else besides Flannery and let you know, thanks for the offer.

We will be opening an 2007 Schrader Cab and probably a couple other things, haven’t decided yet. I’m sure a white will be in the mix, maybe a Hartford Court Stone Cote Chard .

Carrie,
Will it be a Georges III? I purchase from not only the same vineyard, but from the exact same 17-acre block (starting in 2008, though). I would love to try it.
But hey, if it’s only a To Kalon, I guess I can live with that. neener

I have been wanting to try the 07 HL cab from bottle so I might bring that, or an SQN… not sure

bubbles before are a must also!

Geroges III it is, just for you flirtysmile

Dang, y’all are a tough group to compete with! We’ll have a week of wine tastings prior to meeting up, so we’ll be picking up some bottles along the way. I’d suspect we’re bringing some cross-section chosen among Wind Gap, Alpha Omega, Ridge, Pride, and Gargiulo; though there are some other possible wild cards that could get played. We’re also happy to help with whatever food needs exist, though we’ll have to pick it up rather than prepare it ourselves. Can’t wait!

I am bottling my 2008 Georges III on July 14th. As much as I’d love to Christen the bottle in this perfect environment (you all would be the first), I am a little worried about how it will show after only 3 days in the bottle. It’s been spectacular from day one, but I am a believer in bottle shock (although its time frame is unpredictable). I am giving it a full 10 more months before its released for a reason. Hmmmm, could be memorable, though.

I haven’t decided what to bring yet, but in addition to the bottle I decide to bring, I can bring a 1998 Delectus Beckstoffer Georges III. Nice stuff that was picked late, after the rains when there was the three week warm spell to reward those who waited/gave up.

If GIII is the theme, I’ll bring an 07 Fairchild GIII Cab. Wine #2 will be a secret, as I don’t yet know what it will be.

Eric,
I think you should bring the '08 GIII flirtysmile

Is it to late to add two more to this?

I know I haven’t been very active on this board, but I have been on winodepot, Vinocellar, and Ebob in the past.

And the wife and I will be in Napa next weekend for an incredibly needed break.

As far as wines we could contribute…Hmmmm…Switchback, Lewelling, Pride, Trespass, or maybe something a little more esoteric. I’m hesitant to bring anything with much age on it, as we’ll be touring the valley during the day, and sediment could become an issue.

Please lete us know, we’d love to meet some fellow wine lovers, who also appreciate Flannery.