IMPROMPTU BERSERKFEST 5.5 Burgundy/Bordeaux /w Chinese Food 12/11 TASTING NOTES PICS ADDED

J. Wei and I were getting together for dinner and we figured we’d gather an impromptu offline at Sam Woo Seafood in Irvine. They have a bunch of live crab, lobster, fish, shrimp right now at a downright delicious price.

We’ll cap it at 8 people.

He likes Bordeaux, I like Burgundy so bring either or to the restaurant and you’ll be fine. You’ll get extra kudos if you bring burg instead of bordeaux :smiley:

1. Charlie: 2001 maume mazis chambertin and 2004 Bouchard Mersault Genevrieres (for the white)
  2. J. Wei: pending bordeaux.
  3. Powell:
  4. Jet Li
  5. Jay Chow
  6. Mao
  7. Ed
  8. Sam Woo himself.

I’d be there in a heartbeat… but Saturday is all booked…you guys know how to eat…

Love Sam Woo.

Woo-d love to but wifey is working. No escaping the on-call death grip. Ack.

dude…what happen to the diet!
[swearing.gif]

no one wants to drink wine with a bunch of chinese guys =( I promise there will be no coke and the wine will be real.

He’s given up . . . no discipline, that Fu.

Will there be Champagne?

[drinkers.gif]

You gonna fly in for it?

champagne is always welcome :smiley:

How baller would that be?

Rube! Bordeaux & the General (Tso that is) is where it’s at! Who’s bringing the pepsi ?!?! [snort.gif]

Stop scaring ppl away, I said no soda :stuck_out_tongue:

What diet? I haven’t even started…

Is this gonna be sashimi style event number two?

cooked this time :smiley:

Isn’t cooked sashimi just… well… fish?

is this the longest thread in the offline forum where no one is actually attending!? I know there are only 4 ppl who drink burgundy in the OC but I figure if I extended it to bordeaux ppl might come :stuck_out_tongue:

Make it white burg and maybe Frankie will show…

I’m bringing a white burg as well!!

Bordeaux and Sam Woo? Who’s been

Can’t make it Saturday but it does sound like fun.

J