Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13349
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1651 Post by alan weinberg » July 18th, 2018, 1:59 pm

reinvents himself like a chameleon. Amazing. And a 2 year old bourbon?

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40183
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1652 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 18th, 2018, 2:00 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:
"Our Bourbon is unique for many reasons, one of which is refinement. Produced on a micro- scale, we maintain quality and refinement above anything else. Our Bourbon is produced in a traditional manner, using a pot-Column Hybrid Still, without the use of many other modern aids and equipment. Quantity is never something that we aim to focus on. Our first release will be a mere 4,000 bottles. We continue to strive to make sure that every bottle is better than the last.

We consider L’Américaine to be the first French-styled Bourbon, using techniques that maintain the tradition of more than two centuries of Bourbon production, while using a perspective that ONLY comes from making Grand Crus in one of the World’s top wine regions. Refinement; elegance; and precision are the hallmarks that you can expect from L’Americaine."

Who is in? Man, I CANNOT wait to try this! F all these people who have lived in Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana that grew up in farm country and whose families have worked to create something interesting and that makes life worth living sometimes. Ray's GGF is from there (no reason to question that) and his 2 year old Bourbon should be the greatest to ever come from this part of the world because, you know, a decade (okay, almost a decade) of "making Grand Crus" is what it takes. Holy crap. Definitely telling friends and buyers in that part of the world to be, let's say, circumspect.
He bought a book on Southern drawl, so he's fluent in Southern - add to that his 'perspective' of a flash-in-the-pan Grand Cru winery owner, and you've got some sweet, sweet syrup. Nothing says 'American' like a French word - l'Americaine! Viva la France! I mean America!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Adam Noble
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 10:48 am
Location: Seattle

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1653 Post by Adam Noble » July 18th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Lame (ricane).

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 10678
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1654 Post by Scott Brunson » July 18th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Prediction--he will sell at least as many bottles as he produces and delivers.
Click to see spoiler:
probably many, many, many more
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40183
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1655 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 18th, 2018, 2:20 pm

Scott Brunson wrote:Prediction--he will sell at least as many bottles as he produces and delivers.
Click to see spoiler:
probably many, many, many more
I think the bold section will be the problem...
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 14361
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1656 Post by Jorge Henriquez » July 18th, 2018, 2:21 pm

That woman better not get near any of this Boor-Bon!
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40183
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1657 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 18th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Jorge Henriquez wrote:That woman better not get near any of this Boor-Bon!
I like that you went with the traditional French pronunciation of Bourbon, tré autentique
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 27404
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1658 Post by Corey N. » July 18th, 2018, 2:23 pm

So how many of y'all signed up on that link for potential investors?
I'm with Corey on this. - Todd W.

Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 10678
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1659 Post by Scott Brunson » July 18th, 2018, 2:29 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Scott Brunson wrote:Prediction--he will sell at least as many bottles as he produces and delivers.
Click to see spoiler:
probably many, many, many more
I think the bold section will be the problem...
check the spoiler [wink.gif]
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 19103
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1660 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » July 18th, 2018, 2:34 pm

[popcorn.gif] [popcorn.gif] [popcorn.gif]
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40183
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1661 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 18th, 2018, 2:37 pm

The good news is that Ray will single-handedly make Bourbon respectable - it will no longer be the drink of the poor, destitute alcoholic.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 36017
Joined: October 17th, 2013, 11:25 am
Location: Chico, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1662 Post by Anton D » July 18th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Will it be distributed by Gil Lempert-Schwarz in the far east?
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4501
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1663 Post by ky1em!ttskus » July 18th, 2018, 2:48 pm

What a bunch of haters. Ya'll gotta find some of that southern #faith!

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7591
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1664 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » July 18th, 2018, 2:51 pm

Corey N. wrote:So how many of y'all signed up on that link for potential investors?
I hope you don’t lose your law license for promoting this. Can I get a mod to move this to commerce corner? neener

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 27404
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1665 Post by Corey N. » July 18th, 2018, 2:54 pm

I'm thinking that this would be a fantastic offering for BerserkerDay.
I'm with Corey on this. - Todd W.

Nøv¡¢k

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7591
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1666 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » July 18th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Corey N. wrote:I'm thinking that this would be a fantastic offering for BerserkerDay.
It’s the least Todd can do for Ray.

User avatar
Edward H. Earles
Posts: 870
Joined: January 22nd, 2013, 8:07 am

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1667 Post by Edward H. Earles » July 18th, 2018, 3:14 pm

Land o' Goshen! Am I the only one not making Bourbon now?

M Mager
Posts: 1370
Joined: June 1st, 2010, 3:19 pm
Location: Body in Seattle / Soul in Bosconia

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1668 Post by M Mager » July 18th, 2018, 3:19 pm

One attribute of successful grifters is that they always need to keep moving. Trouble only starts if they get greedy and keep the con going on too long. Smart ones milk it, and move on to the next con. He appears to have learned that lesson well...
Michael

User avatar
Greg Pierce
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1819
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 3:35 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1669 Post by Greg Pierce » July 18th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Edward H. Earles wrote:Land o' Goshen! Am I the only one not making Bourbon now?
Actually, not that many are making bourbon. Mostly, they're buying it from MGP of Indiana and bottling it under their name and "story."

User avatar
Edward H. Earles
Posts: 870
Joined: January 22nd, 2013, 8:07 am

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1670 Post by Edward H. Earles » July 18th, 2018, 3:21 pm

This is turning into a situation comedy (maybe Ray will pitch such a thing in Hollywood). Hard to believe.

User avatar
ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1839
Joined: December 19th, 2009, 12:13 pm
Location: Detroit

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1671 Post by ClarkstonMark » July 18th, 2018, 3:24 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:
"Our Bourbon is unique for many reasons, one of which is refinement. Produced on a micro- scale, we maintain quality and refinement above anything else. Our Bourbon is produced in a traditional manner, using a pot-Column Hybrid Still, without the use of many other modern aids and equipment. Quantity is never something that we aim to focus on. Our first release will be a mere 4,000 bottles. We continue to strive to make sure that every bottle is better than the last.

We consider L’Américaine to be the first French-styled Bourbon, using techniques that maintain the tradition of more than two centuries of Bourbon production, while using a perspective that ONLY comes from making Grand Crus in one of the World’s top wine regions. Refinement; elegance; and precision are the hallmarks that you can expect from L’Americaine."

Who is in? Man, I CANNOT wait to try this! F all these people who have lived in Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana that grew up in farm country and whose families have worked to create something interesting and that makes life worth living sometimes. Ray's GGF is from there (no reason to question that) and his 2 year old Bourbon should be the greatest to ever come from this part of the world because, you know, a decade (okay, almost a decade) of "making Grand Crus" is what it takes. Holy crap. Definitely telling friends and buyers in that part of the world to be, let's say, circumspect.
Sounds like a great way to get a lot of cash for product that may or may not ever be delivered many years in the future. Sound familiar?
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40183
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1672 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 18th, 2018, 3:33 pm

Greg Pierce wrote:
Edward H. Earles wrote:Land o' Goshen! Am I the only one not making Bourbon now?
Actually, not that many are making bourbon. Mostly, they're buying it from MGP of Indiana and bottling it under their name and "story."
No way a Grand Cru legend like Ray would let MGP make it for him!!!!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4059
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1673 Post by scamhi » July 18th, 2018, 3:41 pm

How can I invest? What a joke. "nearly a decade of experience making Grand Cru wines."
Let's do the math. Maison Ilan vintages 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 that's 5 vintages. Did anyone get any 2014s- I don't think, so it's just 1/2 of a decade experience.

More [bullshit.gif]
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 19103
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1674 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » July 18th, 2018, 4:07 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:The good news is that Ray will single-handedly make Bourbon respectable - it will no longer be the drink of the poor, destitute alcoholic.
#Iwillnotfail

[oops.gif] [rofl.gif] [oops.gif] [rofl.gif]
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

User avatar
Greg Pierce
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1819
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 3:35 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1675 Post by Greg Pierce » July 18th, 2018, 4:12 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
Greg Pierce wrote:
Edward H. Earles wrote:Land o' Goshen! Am I the only one not making Bourbon now?
Actually, not that many are making bourbon. Mostly, they're buying it from MGP of Indiana and bottling it under their name and "story."
No way a Grand Cru legend like Ray would let MGP make it for him!!!!
Well, based upon information in this thread (and his various Maison Ilan blog posts), until at least late 2016, Ray was in France arguing with French bureaucrats about his burgundy paperwork. That wouldn't leave much time to learn the "techniques that maintain the tradition of more than two centuries of Bourbon production," actually do the distilling, and then get that raw bourbon into barrels so as to make a 2018 release date.

Of course, maybe the real reason Ray lost his burgundy paperwork was that he was traveling back and forth to Paris Kentucky to make his finely crafted "French-styled Bourbon" and lost the paperwork at the airport. Alternatively, maybe he traded his paperwork for some old books about distilling that he needed to read in order to learn the "techniques that maintain the tradition of more than two centuries of Bourbon production." I mean, Ray made grand cru burgundy by reading old books, why not bourbon as well?

User avatar
David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17594
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 5:29 pm
Location: ChiIl

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1676 Post by David K o l i n » July 18th, 2018, 4:16 pm

Carmel color addition must be an old French technique

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7591
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1677 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » July 18th, 2018, 5:03 pm

David K o l i n wrote:Carmel color addition must be an old French technique
It’s in the French language Bourbon making instructions that Ray uncovered.

User avatar
DavidFrankil
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 275
Joined: February 22nd, 2012, 3:07 pm
Location: At the Beach in NJ

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1678 Post by DavidFrankil » July 18th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
Corey N. wrote:I'm thinking that this would be a fantastic offering for BerserkerDay.
It’s the least Todd can do for Ray.
Great idea, it would really put this website on the map.
My avatar is a twelfth century Berserker Lewis rook, from the British Museum. "He stands armed with a sword and exposes his huge teeth with which he bites into his shield. It is this gesture that identifies him as a Berserker – a fierce warrior drawn from Norse mythology that bites his shield in a self-induced frenzy prior to battle."

User avatar
Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 6780
Joined: October 20th, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Portland/Newberg, Oregon

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1679 Post by Jim Anderson » July 18th, 2018, 5:59 pm

Anyone hit the INQUIRE button and send a message asking how he could have been in France dealing with MI and micro-making Bourbon in the States? Or why he would have a not even 2 year whiskey on the market?
Co-owner, Patricia Green Cellars

User avatar
jcoley3
Posts: 16979
Joined: January 31st, 2009, 3:31 pm
Location: Kansas City

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1680 Post by jcoley3 » July 18th, 2018, 6:12 pm

Ray is the Avatar for everyone who shows up somewhere and knows nothing about what they are doing, but wants to reassure everyone who's been doing it for years that they're doing it wrong.

Of course, there is an investor link for those who want in financially.
Jim Coley ITB

"So I say, like Ortega y Gasset, that when a lot of people agree on something, it's either a stupid idea or a beautiful woman." - Alvaro Mutis

"You could spend a lot more money, and not get a better Burgundy...” - Carlo Rossi

User avatar
Nick Ellis
Posts: 355
Joined: January 6th, 2016, 6:43 am

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1681 Post by Nick Ellis » July 18th, 2018, 6:43 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:Anyone hit the INQUIRE button and send a message asking how he could have been in France dealing with MI and micro-making Bourbon in the States? Or why he would have a not even 2 year whiskey on the market?
I inquired. That is proprietary information that he couldn’t possibly divulge.

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4150
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 3:54 am

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1682 Post by Wes Barton » July 18th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Corey N. wrote:I'm thinking that this would be a fantastic offering for BerserkerDay.
Finally something to turn this sad event around. Come on, Ray! Come save Berserker Day and single-handedly turn it into a success!
ITB - Useless lackey

Can't stand bloody wax capsules.

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 14361
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1683 Post by Jorge Henriquez » July 18th, 2018, 9:23 pm

E2B266CD-67B1-486A-A8EC-456526349B37.png
“Napoleon Bonaparte Walker” & “Lafayette Walker”?!?!? Are we sure this is not just a script for a Family Guy episode?!?!
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

User avatar
A. So
Posts: 3019
Joined: July 19th, 2011, 7:58 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1684 Post by A. So » July 18th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Can we move this train wreck to the Beer and Spirits forum?
エaイdドrリiアaンn (93 pts.)

CWun
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3906
Joined: July 8th, 2009, 9:06 pm
Location: SF Bay Area

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1685 Post by CWun » July 19th, 2018, 1:39 am

Siun o'Connell wrote:Another long post from Mr Walker on his public FB page - what a tale of woe:

https://www.facebook.com/ray.walker.Bur ... 451085942
can someone paste it here?
C@r_y

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 14361
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1686 Post by Jorge Henriquez » July 19th, 2018, 5:47 am

CWun wrote:
Siun o'Connell wrote:Another long post from Mr Walker on his public FB page - what a tale of woe:

https://www.facebook.com/ray.walker.Bur ... 451085942
can someone paste it here?
URL link codes aren't configured for BS script. Todd is working on that but it will take a while.

Also, any guesses what "L'Americaine" will be released at? Over/under on $150?
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 39318
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1687 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 19th, 2018, 5:50 am

Jorge Henriquez wrote:
CWun wrote:
Siun o'Connell wrote:Another long post from Mr Walker on his public FB page - what a tale of woe:

https://www.facebook.com/ray.walker.Bur ... 451085942
can someone paste it here?
aren't configured for BS script.
Is that why Ray's posts never show up here? newhere [bow.gif]
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Poppy Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4610
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:51 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1688 Post by Poppy Davis » July 19th, 2018, 5:52 am

Jorge Henriquez wrote:
Also, any guesses what "L'Americaine" will be released at? Over/under on $150?
I'll take the over in a heartbeat.
Poppy D@vis Frucht m@n, formerly ITB

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20987
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1689 Post by Brian Tuite » July 19th, 2018, 6:07 am

L'Américaine is a small Bourbon House, with a truly limited production. Sign up here in order to be added to our interest list. Please be patient and we will return your inquiry request at our earliest convenience.

Thank you!
Because it’s all about him, all the time.

The Mercury logo is quite fitting.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 14361
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1690 Post by Jorge Henriquez » July 19th, 2018, 6:13 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
L'Américaine is a small Bourbon House, with a truly limited production. Sign up here in order to be added to our interest list. Please be patient and we will return your inquiry request at our earliest convenience.

Thank you!
Because it’s all about him, all the time.

The Mercury logo is quite fitting.
Notice the two little letters inside the Mercury logo?
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20987
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1691 Post by Brian Tuite » July 19th, 2018, 6:14 am

Jorge Henriquez wrote:
E2B266CD-67B1-486A-A8EC-456526349B37.png
“Napoleon Bonaparte Walker” & “Lafayette Walker”?!?!? Are we sure this is not just a script for a Family Guy episode?!?!
He wanted to name it after his Dad, but Poppy Van Walker got turned down by the TTB for some odd reason. Racial discrimination I would assume.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 14361
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1692 Post by Jorge Henriquez » July 19th, 2018, 6:16 am

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 16397
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1693 Post by Craig G » July 19th, 2018, 6:36 am

Shouldn’t it be L’Americain?
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

User avatar
Edward H. Earles
Posts: 870
Joined: January 22nd, 2013, 8:07 am

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1694 Post by Edward H. Earles » July 19th, 2018, 7:05 am

Peering more closely at the label, I see that the spirit is bottled in Paris, KY, which is in the next county over (and where I lived as a toddler). There's only one distillery there (Hartfield and Company). A couple of years back I visited a tiny nanodistillery in Paris; this might be the same company, but if so it's in a different, larger building now. The firm I visited put the whiskey up in little 5-liter oak firkins, which is how the whiskey gets color after only two years of oaking. If I get a chance I'll pop over and inquire if the proprietor has a business relationship with Ray Walker.

User avatar
Poppy Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4610
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:51 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1695 Post by Poppy Davis » July 19th, 2018, 7:54 am

Craig G wrote:Shouldn’t it be L’Americain?
Unless there is another announcement Walker has in store for us?
Poppy D@vis Frucht m@n, formerly ITB

User avatar
Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 6780
Joined: October 20th, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Portland/Newberg, Oregon

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1696 Post by Jim Anderson » July 19th, 2018, 8:23 am

Edward H. Earles wrote:Peering more closely at the label, I see that the spirit is bottled in Paris, KY, which is in the next county over (and where I lived as a toddler). There's only one distillery there (Hartfield and Company). A couple of years back I visited a tiny nanodistillery in Paris; this might be the same company, but if so it's in a different, larger building now. The firm I visited put the whiskey up in little 5-liter oak firkins, which is how the whiskey gets color after only two years of oaking. If I get a chance I'll pop over and inquire if the proprietor has a business relationship with Ray Walker.
I like the on the ground investigative situation. 5 liter oak firkins? Uh, no thanks.
Co-owner, Patricia Green Cellars

User avatar
Poppy Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4610
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:51 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1697 Post by Poppy Davis » July 19th, 2018, 9:05 am

Poppy Davis wrote:
Craig G wrote:Shouldn’t it be L’Americain?
Unless there is another announcement Walker has in store for us?
Or perhaps it’s named after his new illegal wife?
Poppy D@vis Frucht m@n, formerly ITB

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 16397
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1698 Post by Craig G » July 19th, 2018, 9:06 am

Poppy Davis wrote:
Craig G wrote:Shouldn’t it be L’Americain?
Unless there is another announcement Walker has in store for us?
Drunk/too much Viagra/stubbed/shattered.
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

User avatar
Mark C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 36867
Joined: December 13th, 2011, 2:45 pm
Location: We’re not dead, we’re just Reston . . .

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1699 Post by Mark C » July 19th, 2018, 9:31 am

Adam Noble wrote:Lame (ricane).
When the French curse Americans, they call us ‘Ricans . . .

So, excellent bi-lingual riff!
෴ ෴
(☉ ☉)
\_⏝_/


Mark Cћамρηeγ

Wine Berserkers, “delight of the incapable and insignificant"!

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.” — Jay Bylsma

“Mark; I’ll surrender the argument.” Gordon Fitz


aka Frabjous/CT

User avatar
Bruce Leiser_owitz
Posts: 12649
Joined: June 16th, 2009, 12:54 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

#1700 Post by Bruce Leiser_owitz » July 19th, 2018, 9:48 am

Was this "micro-batch" hand-curated?

Bruce
"Bruce you are correct."--Andrew Kaufman, 3/24/13.

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”