Ray Walker & Maison Ilan updates - the saga has ended...(updated)

Seems like Zach Velcoff is no longer with Maison Ilan?

http://zackvelcoff.com/twelve-strange-months/

For all you folks who have their MI wines, you should give a big thanks to Zach. He certainly made my life easier when I was dealing directly with the MI shipping logistics.

#NoRegrets!

I also received an invite from Zack to connect on AngelList.
He lists his position as “Independent Wine & Spirits Consultant; Storyteller; Slinger of Booze”

What the heck is AngelList? I received the same invite, but am loathe to connect to yet another social media list.

Larry, it is a website for startups for people looking to find work or help fund a startup.

Reading that makes me ill.

what this line?..“I met people who would change my life forever—and for the better, though it would take betrayals, regrets, and a hundred sunsets before I figured that out.”

100 sunsets = 14.28 weeks…not even close to 12 months. Hyperbole extraordinaire!!!

#thestruggleisreal

Zach is not the only one NOT with Maison Ilan it seems like.
Uh-oh.jpg

From Facebook:

Today is one for the books, everyone! Many folks, including my cherished clients will be pleased to hear that MAISON ILAN has brought on Rose WYATT, as our Administrative Director!!! I will have contact info for Rose shortly. We are are currently in the process of adding on several new hires, and Rose is an integral part of the team!
Thank you!
Ray

Is Rose WYATT someone famous or something?

He will not fail.

Cloudy sometimes. Those days don’t count.

In one of his other essays (if that’s what they are) he has a passage that reads:

The event wasn’t slated to start for an hour, and in about half an hour, I got an unpleasant phone call. I took this call in the stairwell off the lobby, where one of the evening’s emcees walked by and heard me say something along the lines of, “He’s f*cking slime, his harassment is unacceptable, and it needs to stop.”

Made me wonder…

…who wrote the book of love?

But he was filming in Barcelona a week ago. [wow.gif]

No, plenty of pics on Instagram. He is enjoying Barcelona.

My guess is that he is reinventing himself as a TV food and wine personality. He was always good at that, even if he failed to live up to most of his other ambitions.

Who knows, he may want to interview me one day:)

He doesn’t have the personality for that.
I heard him read from his book and he was a monotone reader with no timing and lacked the ability to read with expression.

Has anyone physically been to the Maison Ilan facility, or seen Ray in France recently?

What I presume Bill is alluding to is along the same lines as the rumors I was given early this morning by two folks from two different countries (in no particular order, and not necessarily combined), that Ray has fled the country, that the government has locked the doors to Maison Ilan, that all assets of the corporation are locked pending a divorce, and that if you have wines awaiting delivery, get them as soon as possible.