GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: A lot of praise for Cellartracker

#101 Post by J.Vizuete » May 13th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Brandon R wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 3:04 pm
J.Vizuete wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 2:14 pm
CT question: I'm looking to organize my current (not consumed) bottles by purchase date - any idea how to do this? For example, if I want to know what bottles I've held the longest, how do you figure that out?

I can go to my reports > purchases over time > then see how many bottles are remaining from a given month, but is it possible to sort my current inventory list by purchase date? Thanks for any advice
Post this on the CT forums in the "Cellartracker Support" forum and you'll get an answer straight-away. I'm positive there's a way to do it, and that'll be the quickest way to find out how.
Thanks Brandon
John
CT: jviz
WOTY: 1989 VCC, 2010 Lafite Rothschild

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#102 Post by Sean_S » May 13th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Piling it on. I use cellar tracker daily. I occasionally email support for questions like this or to correct or consolidate some errorenous wines and I ALWAYS ALWAYS get a useful and polite reply within hours. The product is outstanding and the support equally is good. Not many products or services that I can say that about. These folks are the best.
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard
1999 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#103 Post by Sean_S » May 13th, 2020, 3:40 pm

so try this. goto advanced search.

for search within: pick individual bottles

click search

you can sort by added on that report or you can click more and sort by purchase date. This will show bottles by order purchased that are still in stock and not consumed.
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates

J.Vizuete
GCC Member
GCC Member

#104 Post by J.Vizuete » May 13th, 2020, 5:14 pm

Boom, perfect. Eric replied the same on the CT forum as suggested above. Thank you!
John

P Intag
GCC Member
GCC Member

#105 Post by P Intag » May 13th, 2020, 5:16 pm

How about just selecting "My Cellar" and click on the "Added" column to sort?
Paul

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#106 Post by Sean_S » May 13th, 2020, 6:05 pm

P Intag wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 5:16 pm
How about just selecting "My Cellar" and click on the "Added" column to sort?
Close, still need to click more and sort by purchase date if that's what you want. Added shows when the wine was added to inventory (aka received) not when it was purchased. OP said purchased so a few extra clicks but both should be in the ball park.

Sean
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates

AndrewH

#107 Post by AndrewH » May 14th, 2020, 7:37 am

Ethan H wrote:
July 5th, 2017, 2:29 pm

(2) Where some wines have dual listings (e.g. the aforementioned Aurelien Verdet example), on the website it's easy to see that e.g. 873 bottles have been uploaded as version X and only 4 bottles have been uploaded as version Y, and to go with version X accordingly. But on the app there's no way to see such information, which means I don't upload bottles of questionable (potential dual) classification on the app. Also, on the app too often I input a specific vintage in the search, and yet I still have to click on a vintage button when confirming the choice of that wine.
I report these when I see them. But I sure wouldn't mind an easier reporting mechanism. Right now it seems I need to copy/paste the link to the correct wine into an error report ("other error") for the incorrect/duplicate wine. Then Eric and team sort out. Seems like there could be an easier workflow for this . . .
Andrew H e i m e r t

J. Cohen

#108 Post by J. Cohen » May 14th, 2020, 9:01 am

The website is fantastic! So helpful and useful. The only thing I haven’t been able to figure out is how to “Edit” (there doesn’t seem to be a button) a bottle once its saved. For instance I just typed in the wrong price by mistake, saved it and now I can’t edit the price. I had to delete the bottle and start from the beginning. Surely there is an “Edit” button no? Am I just not seeing it?
J a c o b

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#109 Post by Diane Kessler » May 14th, 2020, 9:06 am

J@redC wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:01 am
The website is fantastic! So helpful and useful. The only thing I haven’t been able to figure out is how to “Edit” (there doesn’t seem to be a button) a bottle once its saved. For instance I just typed in the wrong price by mistake, saved it and now I can’t edit the price. I had to delete the bottle and start from the beginning. Surely there is an “Edit” button no? Am I just not seeing it?
View/Edit bottles, then edit purchase information

J. Cohen

#110 Post by J. Cohen » May 14th, 2020, 9:08 am

Diane Kessler wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:06 am
J@redC wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:01 am
View/Edit bottles, then edit purchase information
Ahh on the right hand side. Thank you!
J a c o b

Shay h arnoy

#111 Post by Shay h arnoy » May 14th, 2020, 9:13 am

Favorite feature is after a weekend seeing tasting notes about bottles in my cellar. Keeps my cellar alive for me rather than just collecting dust. Probably increases my enjoyment of having it by 15%.

Brandon R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#112 Post by Brandon R » May 14th, 2020, 9:46 am

Shay h arnoy wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:13 am
Favorite feature is after a weekend seeing tasting notes about bottles in my cellar. Keeps my cellar alive for me rather than just collecting dust. Probably increases my enjoyment of having it by 15%.
Same here...easily the most enjoyable feature for me (we're not talking utility here but, rather, sheer reading pleasure).
B. Redman

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#113 Post by Sean_S » May 14th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Brandon R wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:46 am
Shay h arnoy wrote:
Same here...easily the most enjoyable feature for me (we're not talking utility here but, rather, sheer reading pleasure).
Agreed. Yet one more reason I try to pay it forward and write lots of notes.
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#114 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » May 14th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Cellartracker is awesome. I hope Eric makes a mountain of money if/when he decides to sell.
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

Rich Brown
GCC Member
GCC Member

#115 Post by Rich Brown » May 15th, 2020, 8:06 am

Sean_S wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 1:11 pm
Brandon R wrote:
Shay h arnoy wrote:
Totally agree - by far my favorite feature, and something I enjoy reading at least a few times a week.

J.Vizuete
GCC Member
GCC Member

#116 Post by J.Vizuete » May 15th, 2020, 9:20 am

Rich Brown wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 8:06 am
Sean_S wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 1:11 pm
Brandon R wrote:

Totally agree - by far my favorite feature, and something I enjoy reading obsessively several times a day.
FIFY [help.gif]
John

Anthony C

#117 Post by Anthony C » May 15th, 2020, 5:54 pm

Another happy CT user. I let my inventory slide (and with it tasting notes), but with the cellar almost done, I'm going to do a major re-inventory and get back to using CT.

Plan is to eventually have an old tablet (as a kiosk) that only goes to CT in the cellar at all times.
C u r t a s

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." -- W. C. Fields

Ofer Refaeli
GCC Member
GCC Member

#118 Post by Ofer Refaeli » May 15th, 2020, 8:54 pm

Question to CT users:
Is there a CT feature that provide you a visual picture of your cellar/cellars ?
Thanks.

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#119 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » May 16th, 2020, 6:51 am

Ofer Refaeli wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 8:54 pm
Question to CT users:
Is there a CT feature that provide you a visual picture of your cellar/cellars ?
Thanks.
Do you mean an actual picture that you uploaded? Or an ability to create a virtual cellar layout based on location/bin?

For the latter, there is a guy on the CT forum who was creating a cellar map that synced with CT. I had one done awhile ago. I know he took a break from making them to focus on some other stuff, not sure if he’s back.
CT: rieslinghoarder

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

P Intag
GCC Member
GCC Member

#120 Post by P Intag » May 16th, 2020, 10:01 am

I use CT daily and love it. I write notes for almost every wine I taste, mostly quite detailed and generally focused on the style of the wine. It's the kind of info that I find very useful if I am looking to purchase or drink a bottle. They often get a lot of views but very, very rarely get "helpful" clicks. Not that I need any ego boost or anything, but it would give me some level of satisfaction if I know that the note has been useful to someone. Therefore, I encourage people to use the "helpful" link, as it may encourage others to post notes as well.

One other pet peeve: For many wines, there are multiple pictures of the same front bottle label and very few (often none) of the back labels. Personally, I often find the back labels to be more useful than the front labels -- please upload them, folks!
Paul

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#121 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » May 16th, 2020, 10:16 am

My biggest pet peeve with CT is that people create new listings each vintage for NV champagne listings. I'd prefer just a single NV champagne listing, and then perhaps within that page there can be separate listings for bottles based on the vintages blended for the bottling and the disgorgement date.
CT: rieslinghoarder

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

Ofer Refaeli
GCC Member
GCC Member

#122 Post by Ofer Refaeli » May 16th, 2020, 11:47 am

Brian S t o t t e r wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 6:51 am
Ofer Refaeli wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 8:54 pm
Question to CT users:
Thanks.
Do you mean an actual picture that you uploaded? Or an ability to create a virtual cellar layout based on location/bin?

For the latter, there is a guy on the CT forum who was creating a cellar map that synced with CT. I had one done awhile ago. I know he took a break from making them to focus on some other stuff, not sure if he’s back.
Cellar/cellars layout/layouts is good, but I guess it is not a CT built-in feature.

Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

#123 Post by Cris Whetstone » May 16th, 2020, 12:00 pm

May 16th, 2020, 10:16 am
My biggest pet peeve with CT is that people create new listings each vintage for NV champagne listings. I'd prefer just a single NV champagne listing, and then perhaps within that page there can be separate listings for bottles based on the vintages blended for the bottling and the disgorgement date.
The issue there is that for many producers each bottling is going to be mostly from one vintage. So if a "NV" bottling is 80% 2014 and 10% each 2013 and 2015 then it's kinda really a 2014. Where as some more traditional wines could be lower percentages from several or even more than ten vintages.

I'm with you in general though. The biggest issue is that the AOC rules place strict regulations on how Champagne can be labeled. So you end up with producers that want to do a less traditional NV bottling but can't really label it with the vintage.

Some producers are doing more focused labels like Jacquesson do the "No." series with each years edition getting a new number. Krug has famously changed the Grand Cuvee to have a series number as well. We can argue whether that's about truth in labeling or an opportunity for LVMH to wedge exclusivity into a wine that is supposed to be the house blend. [wink.gif]
WetRock

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." - Francis Bacon

"I had taken two finger-bowls of champagne and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

scott davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#124 Post by scott davis » May 16th, 2020, 12:09 pm

#10,000 here. I still use classic mode.
CT #10,000

AndrewH

#125 Post by AndrewH » May 18th, 2020, 2:19 pm

My pet peeve is not with those people, because they are trying to create a workaround to one of CT's flaws, which is the inability to distinguish between different disgorgement/release dates of NV Champagnes. Putting aside that the theory they're all the same "house style", which isn't accurate, there are practical problems that result, such as NV Champagnes showing as well past their drinking window, because they were first entered in the mid-2000s, and being unable to distinguish in one's own cellar between bottles purchased earlier and more recently. So, my pet peeve is that Eric and team haven't created a better way of handling NV Champagnes to address these issues.

And, yes, this is a subject that constantly comes up on the CT discussion forum, and I realize the solutions are far from perfect as well.
Andrew H e i m e r t

Cris Whetstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

#126 Post by Cris Whetstone » May 18th, 2020, 2:39 pm

AndrewH wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 2:19 pm
My pet peeve is not with those people, because they are trying to create a workaround to one of CT's flaws, which is the inability to distinguish between different disgorgement/release dates of NV Champagnes. Putting aside that the theory they're all the same "house style", which isn't accurate, there are practical problems that result, such as NV Champagnes showing as well past their drinking window, because they were first entered in the mid-2000s, and being unable to distinguish in one's own cellar between bottles purchased earlier and more recently. So, my pet peeve is that Eric and team haven't created a better way of handling NV Champagnes to address these issues.

And, yes, this is a subject that constantly comes up on the CT discussion forum, and I realize the solutions are far from perfect as well.
House style is how traditional houses would describe their wines. Many newer producers are bucking that trend which creates weird problems but that doesn't mean it is inaccurate. It just doesn't apply the same way it used to.

And I'm not certain it's Eric's "problem" to address. If houses are not going to change their bottling ID then the issue is going to stay. If maybe they would serialize or otherwise identify each year's bottling then that would help. It would also alleviate the confusion they are creating in their product. But much of the problem lays with the AOC itself. It's probably time for them to change their labeling restrictions.
WetRock

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." - Francis Bacon

"I had taken two finger-bowls of champagne and the scene had changed before my eyes into something significant, elemental, and profound." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member

#127 Post by Frank Murray III » May 19th, 2020, 8:44 am

There are various levels of geekery even within the CT community. Not everyone wants nor cares to enter label information within a NV tasting note. But, as I have said on numerous posts, within the NV space, there is limited benefit to a NV post in CT unless as users we put the label info in our TNs. Short of having that info, if we want to compare and understand the context of someone else's NV experience, if the info is missing, then there is the potential that we're not comparing the same wine. However, even for those of us like me who want to do it, some producers don't list it on their labels, or we need to know the basic coding that is etched on the bottom outside rim of the bottle like Larmandier-Bernier or Marie Courtin, for example.

So, to me this is a shared responsibility, by the producer, by us. Whether Eric can solve for this in a way that remains simple, I am not sure, nor do I believe that enough people care about Eric even solving for it.
My best wines for 2020:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut
2012 Minière F & R Champagne Influence Brut
2008 Rhys Skyline PN SCM
2015 Ulysse Collin Champagne Les Pierrières
2014 Laherte Frères Champagne BdB EB Les Grands Crayeres

Kindness matters. Dignity matters. Accountability matters. Respect matters. LEADERSHIP MATTERS!

MBerto
GCC Member
GCC Member

#128 Post by MBerto » May 19th, 2020, 1:24 pm

I got a complaint!

I occasionally forget to remove bottles from CT (Not CT's fault per se, except perhaps tangentially as an enabler of my habit...). When I realize this 2 years later ('hey wait there's no way I still have 6 bottles of that'), my only option to remove that's appropriate is "Missing or Presumed Drunk". Buddy it ain't missing, I know exactly where it went. Needs a better option such as "Shamefully removing now after failing to properly managing inventory".
M@TT Bert0 lat us
insta @m@tthewbertol@tus (a's not @'s)

AndrewH

#129 Post by AndrewH » May 19th, 2020, 1:31 pm

MBerto wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 1:24 pm
I got a complaint!

I occasionally forget to remove bottles from CT (Not CT's fault per se, except perhaps tangentially as an enabler of my habit...). When I realize this 2 years later ('hey wait there's no way I still have 6 bottles of that'), my only option to remove that's appropriate is "Missing or Presumed Drunk". Buddy it ain't missing, I know exactly where it went. Needs a better option such as "Shamefully removing now after failing to properly managing inventory".
Just mark it as drunk, and post-date it to when you think you consumed.
Andrew H e i m e r t

AndrewH

#130 Post by AndrewH » May 19th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:44 am
There are various levels of geekery even within the CT community. Not everyone wants nor cares to enter label information within a NV tasting note. But, as I have said on numerous posts, within the NV space, there is limited benefit to a NV post in CT unless as users we put the label info in our TNs. Short of having that info, if we want to compare and understand the context of someone else's NV experience, if the info is missing, then there is the potential that we're not comparing the same wine. However, even for those of us like me who want to do it, some producers don't list it on their labels, or we need to know the basic coding that is etched on the bottom outside rim of the bottle like Larmandier-Bernier or Marie Courtin, for example.

So, to me this is a shared responsibility, by the producer, by us. Whether Eric can solve for this in a way that remains simple, I am not sure, nor do I believe that enough people care about Eric even solving for it.
Yeah, fair point, and I didn't mean to suggest Eric et al. are at fault. Rather, my point was the use of years for NV Champagnes is a user workaround to the lack of ability to distinguish between different iterations of NV wines so that the recorded information better tracks reality. The limits on that ability are a result both of how such Champagne is produced/marked and how Eric has set up CT.
Andrew H e i m e r t

Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member

#131 Post by Frank Murray III » May 19th, 2020, 1:57 pm

AndrewH wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 1:36 pm
Frank Murray III wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:44 am

Yeah, fair point, and I didn't mean to suggest Eric et al. are at fault. Rather, my point was the use of years for NV Champagnes is a user workaround to the lack of ability to distinguish between different iterations of NV wines so that the recorded information better tracks reality. The limits on that ability are a result both of how such Champagne is produced/marked and how Eric has set up CT.
I agree with you on the challenge as the user. There are a # of examples I have seen where someone has to pick between NV or vintage, and the latter is appealing because the wine label can offer something that is mostly based on a vintage, like say Vouette et Sorbee Fidele or Marie Courtin Resonance. I get it.
My best wines for 2020:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut
2012 Minière F & R Champagne Influence Brut
2008 Rhys Skyline PN SCM
2015 Ulysse Collin Champagne Les Pierrières
2014 Laherte Frères Champagne BdB EB Les Grands Crayeres

Kindness matters. Dignity matters. Accountability matters. Respect matters. LEADERSHIP MATTERS!

Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#132 Post by Scott Brunson » May 19th, 2020, 2:13 pm

MBerto wrote:
I got a complaint!

Missing while presumed drunk.
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

MBerto
GCC Member
GCC Member

#133 Post by MBerto » May 19th, 2020, 3:30 pm

Scott Brunson wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 2:13 pm
MBerto wrote:
I got a complaint!

Missing while presumed drunk.
Better but forces me to reckon with my poor decisions, which is also unpleasant.
M@TT Bert0 lat us
insta @m@tthewbertol@tus (a's not @'s)

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

#134 Post by John O' » May 20th, 2020, 5:02 am

Love CT, couldn't live without it. Probably my OCD, but I keep looking for a consumption category that covers the bottle you bring when invited to dinner at someone else's home. Not really "Gave away as a gift", because I'll have some. I keep toggling between "Drank from my Cellar" and "Brought to a tasting".
O Sullivan

Jim Clary
GCC Member
GCC Member

#135 Post by Jim Clary » May 20th, 2020, 6:01 am

I am an extensive user of CT and have been since about 2004. I use the iOS app a great deal for convenience. Two things that would greatly enhance its utility would be the addition of saved searches into the app, which I miss every time I want to search for a wine. Secondly, the scanner for removing bottles is hit or miss. That may be a function of the quality of the label print, or a hardware issue with the scanner. Not sure. Some labels are faded and scan fine, and other newish looking labels won’t scan at all.

Overall, I can’t live without CT. It is definitely a tremendous value for the price we pay annually.
Jim Clary

AndrewH

#136 Post by AndrewH » May 20th, 2020, 6:10 am

John O' wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 5:02 am
Love CT, couldn't live without it. Probably my OCD, but I keep looking for a consumption category that covers the bottle you bring when invited to dinner at someone else's home. Not really "Gave away as a gift", because I'll have some. I keep toggling between "Drank from my Cellar" and "Brought to a tasting".
I hear ya. Though if I drink some of it at someone's home, it's no different than if I drank at my home, with guests, so just "drank from my cellar". If I don't get any (e.g., hostess gift) then gave away as a gift.
Andrew H e i m e r t

AndrewH

#137 Post by AndrewH » May 20th, 2020, 6:11 am

Jim Clary wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 6:01 am
I am an extensive user of CT and have been since about 2004. I use the iOS app a great deal for convenience. Two things that would greatly enhance its utility would be the addition of saved searches into the app, which I miss every time I want to search for a wine. Secondly, the scanner for removing bottles is hit or miss. That may be a function of the quality of the label print, or a hardware issue with the scanner. Not sure. Some labels are faded and scan fine, and other newish looking labels won’t scan at all.

Overall, I can’t live without CT. It is definitely a tremendous value for the price we pay annually.
Are you using QR codes on the label? Using an iPhone, that sped up scanning immensely with basically no errors/misreads. Super-fast. Huge scanning improvement over the barcodes.
Andrew H e i m e r t

Jim Clary
GCC Member
GCC Member

#138 Post by Jim Clary » May 20th, 2020, 8:40 am

AndrewH wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 6:11 am
Jim Clary wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 6:01 am

Are you using QR codes on the label? Using an iPhone, that sped up scanning immensely with basically no errors/misreads. Super-fast. Huge scanning improvement over the barcodes.
I am. I agree they are much better, but I still find labels in very good condition that simply won't scan. Have no idea what the issue is.
Jim Clary

Marshall Gelb
GCC Member
GCC Member

#139 Post by Marshall Gelb » May 20th, 2020, 10:18 am

AndrewH wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 6:10 am
John O' wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 5:02 am
I hear ya. Though if I drink some of it at someone's home, it's no different than if I drank at my home, with guests, so just "drank from my cellar". If I don't get any (e.g., hostess gift) then gave away as a gift.
I am also an extensive CT user and have been since early 2005. I will use "Drank from my Cellar" and then put a little note in the comment section. I will often just mention the people and the food.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]
A quién tiene buen vino no le faltan amigos.

J. Rock

#140 Post by J. Rock » May 21st, 2020, 10:26 am

This is a weird thing I want to do probably, but is there a way to change the labeled variety of my wines when I view them (as opposed to changing the public listing)? I like to summarize my collection by variety to help me see where I'm lacking or where I'm overbuying, and it irks me that a lot of wines I would consider a Red Rhone Blend or Red Bordeaux Blend are just labeled as Red Blends. I know -- not that big of a problem to have, but does anyone know if I can address this?
J o r d a n

T Mikula

#141 Post by T Mikula » May 21st, 2020, 11:02 am

Great app/service. Two things I've noticed on the iphone app, which makes me rarely use it on the iphone:

1) There seems to be several "dead-ends" where there is no back option, or "home" option, the top of the app seems to disappear. I get stuck and have to restart the app
2) When viewing My Cellar, you can't filter by things - only sort. So if I want to see all my Bordeaux wines, I can only sort by region, then scroll to the area that I think is the Bordeaux section.
T o m

Andrew Hall
GCC Member
GCC Member

#142 Post by Andrew Hall » May 21st, 2020, 11:16 am

AndrewH wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 7:37 am

I report these when I see them. But I sure wouldn't mind an easier reporting mechanism. Right now it seems I need to copy/paste the link to the correct wine into an error report ("other error") for the incorrect/duplicate wine. Then Eric and team sort out. Seems like there could be an easier workflow for this . . .
You can just use the report function and say dupe. I usually search anyway since where there is one error, there is likely to be more.
Andrew Hall (itb)

andrew @ cellartracker dot com

Andrew Hall
GCC Member
GCC Member

#143 Post by Andrew Hall » May 21st, 2020, 11:20 am

J. Rock wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:26 am
This is a weird thing I want to do probably, but is there a way to change the labeled variety of my wines when I view them (as opposed to changing the public listing)? I like to summarize my collection by variety to help me see where I'm lacking or where I'm overbuying, and it irks me that a lot of wines I would consider a Red Rhone Blend or Red Bordeaux Blend are just labeled as Red Blends. I know -- not that big of a problem to have, but does anyone know if I can address this?
Every wine page has a Report link. I am glad to change these in general. We also have running tasks to find duplicate entries between these types.
Andrew Hall (itb)

andrew @ cellartracker dot com

J. Rock

#144 Post by J. Rock » May 21st, 2020, 11:59 am

Andrew Hall wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:20 am
J. Rock wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 10:26 am
Every wine page has a Report link. I am glad to change these in general. We also have running tasks to find duplicate entries between these types.
Thank you. I didn't realize that's what the report link was for.
J o r d a n

Return to “Wine Talk”