A lot of praise for Cellartracker

Indispensable for me. Thanks Eric and crew!

#193 and I would be completely lost without it. I have also never encountered an issue with the software. Thanks Eric!!

It is a fantastic piece of s/w. I was a late adopter, and I still don’t use anything like its full functionality, but the capabilities of the site are very impressive.

In my case, they even uploaded it for me. Ran parallel with Excel for a short while until I realized CT is so far superior

I’m a huge fan. I use it for my personal use. I’ve also used it for the wine bar in Wilmington, DE I founded. I’m honored that the new owners still proudly integrate with CT via iPads at the wine bar (http://www.domainehudson.com).

CT’s use with commercial applications is wonderful. I’m surprised most restaurants with excellent wine programs are not using it already. You can easily print restaurant wine lists from it and if utilizing iPads, view the CT notes right from the wine list. An invaluable tool IMHO.

I have used CT virtually every day for many years. It has been an integral part of my wine experience. Eric deserves all of the kudos he receives. What a phenomenal program!

Colin [cheers.gif]

+1, I’ve really liked using the program to keep track of the wines I’ve tried and what I thought about them. It’s true that there’s a lot of variability in tasting notes/scores but following people I’ve met from here has really broadened my horizons. The Cellartracker staff have always been incredibly prompt in responding to any queries/requests, too, which I really appreciate.

There is an old baseball umpire story, which I’ve adapted for wine:

The Novice taster says: I score them as I taste them!
The Expert taster says: I score them as they really are!
The Master taster says: They ain’t nothin until Cellartracker scores them!

#814 July 2004. Worth every penny of the 44 a day I pay to use it.

Back in 2004 - 2005 I had to add a few wine definitions. These days and for probably 8+ years, essentially never. A new vintage once in a great while. But then I haven’t bought from lists in several years so that’s probably why.

Love, love, love CellarTracker.

Member #163 so an early adopter. Eric helped me import over 1000 TNs and about 1000 bottles. And that was before the database of known bottlings was as extensive as it is now. I encourage all of those who are discouraged by the size of their collection to give it a try.

I have been a long-time curmudgeon about the (lack of) utility of crowd-sourced scores and evaluations. But as I’ve gotten to know the preferences of a group of other CTers I find it’s become very useful for ready-to-drink queries.

User #176,466.

So I guess I win.

Indispensable.

Drew,
I added a couple thousand wines from spreadsheet to CT in the space of a day or two back in 2009. CT makes it easy. They even uploaded my “dead soldiers” sheet that tracked past consumption.

One of my few complaints on the geeky side is inactive cellars stay active for ever. Case in point I just drank my last bottle of 2001 Brunello purchased prior to joining in 2009. I am curious to who has wines I do. There is one user? who has not accessed their cellar since 2008 and still shows 11 bottles/one consumed from a case purchased in 2007. I am quite sure these bottles were sold through Benchmark to others which show up in my notes by others on my wines. Small complaint and mine are now gone. How many phantom bottles remain? [cry.gif]

Thank you so much. It is hard to describe how satisfying it is to build something which delivers so much utility.

CT is fantastic - it is so useful for managing a collection with wine stored in multiple locations and provides a much richer experience than Excel. Thanks Eric.

Eric helped me migrate from my Excel spreadsheet using an import tool that he built to facilitate this. I haven’t looked back.

I am not the greatest at managing my inventory. I will occasionally forget to take a bottle out of Cellartracker. It is rare however now.

The fact that I can send a complete copy of my cellar to my insurer is a big deal. It has a valuation that they accept too!

I have complete control now over what is out there I have purchased and hasn’t been delivered. That is big to me. In the pre-Cellartracker days that was the most difficult thing to track. Now it is a breeze.

Thanks Eric.

User #306,145 here. Joined 4 years ago.

If your collection is so big that it would be difficult to put it all in to CellarTracker, it means your cellar is quite valuable. That means, you likely need to be insure the collection. When I went to buy insurance for my wine cellar a few years ago, the insurance company told me I needed a record of what I have in my cellar. That was the impetus for me to put my wines on CellarTracker. It took a good bit of time to get everything on CellarTracker and it takes work to keep it up to date. But, in the long run it is worth it.

Looks like CT is currently over 537,000 members.