GaryVee Wine Club

I just received an e-mail touting Gary Vaynerchuk’s monthly wine club and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it (or is it really brand new?) and what are some thoughts about it. 1-4 bottles per month for a flat $55 including shipping sounds pretty reasonable if the wines are as good as he says they are.

So, you do not know the identity of the wines until you receive them?

GV is back into wine?

Here’s the landing page for the link in the e-mail I received. It has a very brief video and few details are given:

Gary is smart. He was able to create interest in a lot of mostly younger people who didn’t know anything about wine. I always respected him for that. When he started doing his videos I thought it was a strange idea but it turned out to be brilliant. I’ve never been able to sit through a whole one though, and having someone else select wine for me is something I’m not interested in, although in truth, he probably would be better than most.

But people subscribe to those sorts of things and he’s a smart marketer, so I’m sure he’ll get some interest. Whether or not it will be around long term is a different question.

His family still owns the store, yes?

I really liked his videos. I used to load up the video in my car and listen podcast style. Learned a lot.

That said, I prefer to pick my own wines.

Yes, family still owns the store - seems like Brandon Warnke is running it now

I’ll choose my own wines, thank you very much.

Prob just putting his name on it, Gary doesnt’ have time for picking out wines when he’s a social media ad mogul.

Order up for the first month or two then cancel. He likes to start out with a bang.

I think the next wave of wine “clubs” needs to be something different if it’s going to be attractive to folks here.

…and trying to buy the jets and what not.

I like Gary V and the wine videos. I got into them a little after the fact, but they’re entertaining as hell and his enthusiasm is infectious.

But yeah…even at $55, that’s a pass. Since I’ve never met/drank with the guy…pretty sure he doesn’t have the best take on the wines I’d enjoy the most

I thought Gary V was out years ago at WL, at least he said he was. Can never trust these Russians! :wink:

Is October the first month that will have a release? Anyone know if there was a September release?

He’s not Russian. I think it’s Belarus, but maybe Moldova or something like that.

I have drunk with him a few times. I enjoy him a lot. He is very generous and fun guy to eat and drink with. If you think his videos are wild, you should see him at a football tailgate.

It’s Belarus. He’s a good guy. Sold him some wine back in the day.

Family owns the store, and has since he was a kid. His dad let him pick wines, but his dad is still the boss and Gary wanted to be his own boss.

fify

I got the email too–pass.
I do miss the shows a lot.

Yep. That is what happened with the Mystery packs.

I guess coaching people to ‘do f**king better’ has its limitations…
Tony Robbins made it look easy, Gary makes it look hard.

Putin says that is Russia