GaryVee Wine Club

Well, under this guy it probably was.

Batu Khan. One of my ancestors. Nice chap.
batu.jpg

Genius self promoter; and I mean that in a good way. BUT…This seems like a great idea 5 years ago.

Interesting.

Let’s not get carried away with maps. The borders in this region have always been fluid, and most have spoken some form of slavic language that others can understand somewhat (with the exception of the Baltics, which are NOT Slavic tongues and have NO relation to them). White Russia…Russia…Ukraine…pretty similar; no need to be pedantic.

I’m not sure that he’ll end up catering to “us” with this club, but I joined as I have enough history with him to trust him, at least for the first few months.

I’d be happy to post thoughts and more information once the shipments start coming in.

Please do! Would love to hear what wines you receive, especially initially

I must admit I was completely turned off to Gary’s videos, especially after the 82 Bordeaux episode. You can see it here:

Especially given how he shakes the wine starting around 1:15

So - the club shipments have begun to ship. This month was a 3 bottle pack.

1. 2013 Krutz Family Cellars Chardonnay
  2. 2015 The Competitor Cabernet Sauvignon
  3. 2013 Le Vieux Donjon CdP

From a value perspective, I’d say this delivers. I’ve bought the Chardonnay from WL before (sale price $18) and it was very good. The Competitor? Never had it, usually sale priced around $15. And clearly the CdP carries the pack.

For $55 delivered, seems like a deal. My only gripe is the inclusion of the Competitor (WL’s private label). I’m sure their cost is low enough that they were able to include and bring this up to a 3 pack, but I think that’s catering to the newbies only - it’s a wine I would never buy. But, I guess I could unload it on the in-laws or at a party.

Gary did a WLTV-style video as well.

thanks for sharing Mikey … [cheers.gif]

I think I’ll stick to LBW marathons for my shot-in-the-dark deals…

Yep…none of those wines interest me. I’d rather have two bottles of Bojo.

different strokes for different folks … [cheers.gif]

good luck to GV and WL.

Every time I open Facebook I get an ad for this. Second post, first sponsored ad. Every time. For probably 2 weeks now. So is the social media strategy to bug me so much I finally give in because I’m sick of seeing the ad? It’s not working.

I joined and am excited I’ve only been into wine for 6 or so years so I’m still in the mode of “I want to try everything” even though I have my preferences.

I joined because I know it will be a good value AND it will be wines that I normally would not try (in most cases). Win/win for me, I’m looking forward to it.

Maybe the strategy is to get you to talk about it. :wink:

Any press is good press, right?

November shipment is in, and another really great value…to be shipped at $55 for 4 bottles, including a Wenzlau Pinot Noir and a Conn Valley Chardonnay, that’s quite the value proposition.

The “monthly” aspect made it an easy pass. Ship me wine in July? Have a nice day.

A little concerned about warm weather shipping from NJ to California but we’ll have to see how that plays out when we get there…

Video is up for this month:

Couple of shout outs to Wine Berserkers crew [highfive.gif]

Have to say last months Krutz chard was darn good. Not over the top Cali chard but lighter and quite balanced. Certainly new world but restrained. Wish I could find more but its all gone… That said I’m scared of the Conn Valley in this months shipment but someone will drink it. Sounds like it needs to lay down for 5+ years and let that oak integrate.

Wenzlau Pinot in this months shipment. Love it. Tasted a few times and always enjoyed it. champagne.gif

and I love some great rose too… Totally stoked.

The value is certainly there. I don’t know if I could get this good of pricing at cost even with some haggling.

I’m curiously of the business strategy. Maybe he’s not trying to make any money, he can’t be making more than 10% unless his negotiating skills are just silly.