Who do you trust (Flawed Poll Redux)

Who do you trust- read the premise below.

• Tanzer
  • Suckling
  • Mrk Sqres
  • Galloni
  • Neal Martin
  • Uncle Bob Parker
  • Other Wine Advocate
  • WS
  • Jancis Robinson
  • Wine Enthusiast
  • Cellar Tracker Average
  • Josh Raynolds
  • Jeb Dunnuck
  • Allen Meadows/Burghound
  • Brad Baker
  • Jeff Leve
  • Decanter
  • John Gilman
  • Rudy K
  • Other- I can’t list damn everyone

0 voters

A few changes - added all the critics I forgot. Updating the premise a bit.

Premise- You see a bottle of wine you are unfamiliar with with a 94 pointy score shelf talker from a critic- but no review. Which critic’s names would stimulate taking a flyer on the wine. The price point of the wine is cheap enough to be a potential high QPR for your budget (assuming the 94 points are merited), but expensive enough to give some pause. You don’t have internet access/phone.

Lyle Fass, cuz he’s a manly man.

Oh, and Wilfred Wong.

If points alone are what is on offer, then ‘none of the above’.

That was awesome

Wine & Spirits

Two I would include in my top 5 would be Ian D’Agata and Richard Jennings. Along with Galloni, Tanzer and Meadows.

+1 for Jennings

Flawed poll…no Brett Favre choice.

Lao Tzu.

I follow the Dow and channel the bar code.

Good wine:

Bad wine:

[mouth-drop.gif]

:slight_smile:

-1 for “pull words out of a hat to mad libs a TN”

[mouth-drop.gif]

My “others” are Ian D’Agata and Monica Larner.

[mouth-drop.gif]

:slight_smile:

I know wine enthusiast gets looked down on here but I think steve heimoff (retired) and virginie boone are respectable: i never buy wine on points, but if WE, WS, and WA all rate a wine high, then i’ll try to make it to the winery to taste.

Thanks all for the commentary and voting (a second time for many). This answers what I was curious about. :slight_smile: To bad I botched it the first time. Not just a flawed poll, but a flawed poster!

Would have added Parker too IFF the words are there to to gauge wine style, but discount him absent the words.
It’s academic anyway as I never wine shop without my cell phone with Purple Pages at the ready.