WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc

Figured I’d start a thread unless there’s one out there so we’re not ruining the fun within the de Negoce thread. I’m also lazy and searching the wine coupon thread for interesting the WA-specific scoops was too time consuming. [cheers.gif]

Got some Off the Cuff, Stay Home (aka Antica Cabernet) and a few other goodies arriving today, will post some notes once I get to cracking them later this evening and tomorrow.

4 Likes

Forgot to include that Concept Album is the former Hidden Ridge vineyard, now apparently called Immortal Estate. Curious to try that one just b/c of its location.

1 Like

that’s good info, I tried immortal the other day and really liked it.

I was placing the order and it went sold out :frowning:

That’s a bummer. Still showing as in stock when I just checked. I wonder if availability is regional (like Wine.com) or if it’s the same no matter where you are.

I guess it was a glitch… worked after I hit refresh

I love the fact that they allow me to pick the delivery date. I live in Florida, just selected delivery for late November. Best thing is that I will forget about it and it will feel like a gift when I get it :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting! Here are my notes from the other night on the Off the Cuff and Cosmologist:

2018 Off the Cuff:

If someone asked me to show an example of a wine that demonstrated a good example of what “needs time” means, I’d probably pour them a glass of this. Holy mother of tightly wound tannins. That said, it has really nice nose with dark fruit, vanilla, and oak. Interesting mouthfeel, with like I said, tons and tons of tannins, but again lots of dark fruit, spice, and mulled cherries. Definitely very very high alcohol.

I do think this will be good in a year or so, but I’d be quite upset if I paid anywhere close to $285 for this wine. Looking forward to revisiting this tomorrow to see if it opens up a bit more.

2018 Cosmologist:
Floral violets, plum, and dark cherry on the nose. Very well integrated with silky tannins. Hard to believe this is 14.9% alcohol (the same as the Off the Cuff). I’m struggling a bit to name what I’m tasting, but definitely a bunch of plum and other dark fruits. Something on the finish is just… off. Very one note, reminds me of the mouthfeel of drinking water. Maybe I’m looking for a bit more acid?

The Cosmologist wasn’t bad, but between the two I think I like the Off the Cuff better. I poured both right after popping the cork, so I’m looking forward to revisiting these tomorrow. These high alcohol wines are quite something… after two half glasses I’m definitely feeling it.

I will post follow ups from night 2 / 3 later tonight

Got the offer through AMEX for $50 off $150 and purchased a couple Massican Annia magnums and a bottle of Stay Home cab.

I’ve never had Massican wine, but based on the recent California whites thread I’ve been reading it sounds like this was a good choice.

thanks for the separate thread. I was constantly asking whether codes provided were for wa or wine.com.

I bit on the Concept Album. I loved the Immortal that I tried and I think its worth the risk.

Yup, and they ship in styro with an ice pack during summer months which is great. Shipment just arrived via UPS, shipped at 8pm last night out of upstate NY and when I opened the box moments ago all 6 bottles were still cool to the touch despite it being 85 today.

I’ve found if your shipment has 1-2 bottles they give you one ice pack, and 3 or more triggers 2 packs.

Thanks for these! Maybe it’s good that I missed out on the Cosmologist. Will pop the Stay Home Cab and report back.

Got an 2006 Beaucastel with 2 2017 Penfolds Bin 389s yesterday. That Amex $50 off 150 came in handy too

Bit on 2018 Teeter Totter Cab; same as release price to the list but free shipping on 2+ bottles. Good deal combined with the $50 off $200.

Yup! Good find. I never got around to opening Stay Home but definitely will tonight and will throw up a note.

Bought some more ‘18 Bedrock OVZ last night using the $50 off 200. Ends up being below release price with free shipping so couldnt help myself

I used my last $50 back Amex credit on these - such a great deal!

The Bedrock is sick. As is the Seghesio Old Vines for $29 before stacking.

If anyone wants a $50 off $150 referral link just DM me, as someone correctly mentioned in the Wine Coupon thread, through August 31 recent links are $30 off. I used an old $50/150 today to ship my parents some wine and the $50 off code still worked.

Also if someone could post if Ridge pops back up, I’d be appreciative!

1 Like