WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc

Yep! I did 6 bedrock and 2 Seghesio to get to $202 before the $50 off. Hard to beat it!

What is the code for $50 off $200. Also, I can’t seem to find where to enter a promo code at checkout. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow this link and it will automatically apply over $200: Wine Access - Highly Coveted Wines, Expertly Curated.

If it’s your first order, you can stack with a referral: Friendbuy - Forwarding To Destination

Enjoy!

1 Like

Would be a great one for the Pierre Moncuit Delos Champagne! First time user with your codes would get 4 x Moncuit for $100 delivered! [snort.gif]

[quote=“Peter C.” post_id=3053102 time=1597357358 user_id=127

I’ve found if your shipment has 1-2 bottles they give you one ice pack, and 3 or more triggers 2 packs.
[/quote]

Well, the shipment I received two weeks ago had six bottles, but only one cool pack. Hmm… I got some Argyros Assyrtiko I haven’t yet tried and Prager Hinter Der Burg Grüner Veltliner Federspiel. The Argyros is sold out, but the Prager is still available and with the AMEX offer the price comes down to what you would pay in Europe for it. I have had one bottle and it is a very good, pure GV. I missed an offer an a Prager GV Smaragd a month or two back. By the time I put it in my basket, it was sold out. Drat.

Well, the shipment I received two weeks ago had six bottles, but only one cool pack. Hmm… I got some Argyros Assyrtiko I haven’t yet tried and Prager Hinter Der Burg Grüner Veltliner Federspiel. The Argyros is sold out, but the Prager is still available and with the AMEX offer the price comes down to what you would pay in Europe for it. I have had one bottle and it is a very good, pure GV. I missed an offer an a Prager GV Smaragd a month or two back. By the time I put it in my basket, it was sold out. Drat.
[/quote]

That stinks, were the bottles OK? It’s been pretty consistent with the packs for me. Do yours ship from NY?

That stinks, were the bottles OK? It’s been pretty consistent with the packs for me. Do yours ship from NY?
[/quote]

Yes, they shipped from NY to me in PA. Thankfully, the bottles were still a little cool. They could have been better. And thankfully, I ended up buying Prager Federspiels at $30 bottle (pre-discount) instead of the Smaragds I wanted at $60, so I was less freaked out. since I won’t hold on to these as long.

Not loving the Off The Cuff right now but we’ll see what happens in the future. Very fruity.

I served the 2017 Piece of Work cab a couple weeks ago, and it was liked by all (including myself). @$23, was solid QPR. Have 5 left. Purchased back in January. Considered buying some of the Rose for $12/btl thats currently available but decided against it, since I got DN rose.

Popped the 2016 Stay Home Cab (15%) off the truck, no decant. It is most certainly Antica and is a steal for $20. No obscene oak which is what I worry most about these mystery bottles, nose sports some graphite/minerality, sage and mix of brambly fruit. Palate is where this shines, medium bodied with plenty of acid and you can discern the mountain fruit’s influence. First sip or two there was a second or so of subtle heat on the finish, but again this bottle came off the truck Thursday and I just poured a glass. Chilled the bottle and will update my note in a bit.

This night 2 for this one or was that Mike R who opened one in the Coupon thread a few nights ago?

Still partial to some oak, so I will pass on it.

good note. Appreciate it!

I actually posted that in the de Negoce thread (and again above). I will provide updates shortly from night 2+.

Second glass had the benefit of some air (still in bottle though, no decant) and a slight chill. Heat as suspected vanished from the finish, really nice wine that’s probably going to be much better tomorrow w a decant. Aroma is more expressive, too.

Some overdue updates. I tasted again on day two, but thought that everything was similar to day one, so decided to let the bottles sit another day or two. The notes below are from tonight, but are consistent with my thoughts from yesterday.

2018 Cosmologist:
I have to call this wine a disappointment. On the first night I was pleasantly surprised by how well integrated this wine was, and also commented that I couldn’t believe there was as much alcohol as there is. Here on night four this thing is HOT. Really nice nose with dark fruit, but the palate is just overwhelmed by the alcohol, and makes it hard to taste anything.

2018 Off the Cuff
This wine really came into its own over the past few days. Chocolate, cigar box, and leather with a touch of dark fruit on the nose. The chocolate note is one of the more distinct smells I have picked up from a wine in a long time; its very prominent. When tasting, again oak related flavors dominate. Chocolate and leather, a bit of dark fruit, and a nice finish of spice and mulled cherries. The alcohol on this has really mellowed out, as have the intense tannins. I’m really looking forward to seeing what this wine will be like in a year or so. I think it has a lot of potential.

Joe,

Thanks for the codes. How do I “stack” the two together? Each link seems to only provide the respective discount. Apologies for the confusion on my end. I’d really like to grab some of the Teeter-Totter.

I got 12 Cosmo and 6 Off the Cuff. Did not like the Off the Cuff today but will give it time. Will try a Cosmo tomorrow and report back. But now I’m worried.

I don’t think they’re stackable for new users.

If they are you would have to. 1) Create account using referral link. That should put the $30 off $100 on your account. Add a few things to your cart. 2) Then Visit the other link while logged in which should put that code in your account.

The newsite link is stackable with Amex Offers + any other referral credits you have.

Maybe it’s better to just take the $80 off $180 … [Referral + Amex Offer]

Everyone’s palate is different, you may wind up loving the Cosmo. That said, you’re in for 30+ cases of “no-name” wine, there are bound to be a few you don’t like. Off the Cuff improved significantly with time - hopefully you didn’t finish that bottle. If not, give it a try on Sunday and post what you think.

Just ordered two of the Teeter-Totter, four of the Stay at Home cab, and a few other goodies. By the way, here is my referral link if anyone hasn’t joined yet. I believe it entitles you to $30 off your first order.