WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc

the ridge wines seem to be back in stock.

I had the Cosmologist over two nights and found it pleasant, a fair value. The alcohol level did not strike me as an issue. Good fruit, some complexity, nice mouthfeel. My problem–and I find this to be an issue with many of these Cabernet mystery wines–is that it did not remind me of Cabernet. A nice red blend, that’s it. (By the way, Matthew T, in contrast, the de Négoce OG #2 does taste like Cabernet to me.)

I’m going to drink it today. That’s an interesting observation and it’s kind of how I felt with the Off The Cuff. I haven’t had this issue in the past with CHAD though it has been years since I bought that from WA.

1 Like

If you haven’t finished it, I’d be curious what you think about the alcohol level in the Cosmologist two nights from now.

Great comment about this not reminding me of Cab, I think that is what I was struggling to put my finger on with this wine, about it being “off.”

All gone Mike. It’s the rare wine that makes it four days around here.

Does anyone know if the AMEX $50 offer is still running? I cant see it in the list at amexoffers.com for my Amex Delta Skymiles card? Am I too late?

I have a delta card and a Marriott bonvoy Amex and the wine access offer only came up on my Marriott card, not the sky miles. I’ve noticed that both cards have some offers that are the same and some offers are not.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the Cosmologist yesterday. I found it far superior to the Off The Cuff.

1 Like

Amex offer still live for me.

Amex offer good until 9/30, but it is not available on the Delta card. I accessed it through Amex Hilton Honors.

Had one glass of the 2018 Cuff last night and thought it was solid, no decant. Lots of savory notes versus the 2016 Stay Home (Antica) and I preferred the latter. But will post an official note this evening with steak.

Hey Mitch, sorry for the slow reply. As others mentioned, I may have been mistaken that these specific offers stack. If you have an Amex with the $50 credit on $150, that would stack. I used that previously for an effective $100 off $200 - pretty crazy!

Hope you got some Teeter Totter either way, I had the ‘15 recently and it was excellent. I’d bet the ‘18 will be fantastic, too [cheers.gif]

stupid question…does the amex $50 off $150 work if you’re order is $153ish after tax? or does the subtotal pre-tax have to be above $150 for the amex deal to kick in?

It has to be over $150 when it hits Amex. I’ve always aimed for $137 … since my tax rate would put that at $150.02.

thanks for the details on the AmEx offer, I was just able to take advantage of it - got (10) Stay Home Cabs (an even $200 bucks), with an instant $50 off orders of $200 or more, plus another $50 credit back on my AmEx - hard to beat that deal, $10/btl shipped! (and no tax here in OR)

Nice!
champagne.gif

I bought some Stay Home’s and Concepts. Thanks for the tasting notes.

Joe,

No worries And thanks for the reply. I found a $50 off $150 online and grabbed 2 bottles of Teeter Totter and 1 Stay Home (for a total of $100 after discount).

Mitch

And did you get instant notification from Amex that the discount was successful? Used to get these automatically as soon as I confirmed my order but have yet to receive notification.

You should be getting an Amex notification within an hour or two.