WineAccess Thread - Wines, Tasting Notes, Deals, etc

Sometimes; other times it takes an hour or two. I think it really depends on Amex’s server load processing all these transaction in at the time lol.

Mitch-

Where did you find the 50 off 150? I used the 50 off 200, but could use the other 50 for some other things.

I googled “wine access $50 off.” One of the results- Thewinedaily.com site had a link.

If you open one of the concept album, please share the TN… thanks… if it is good, I may be in for more.

This should work for $50 off $150, first time purchase only: Friendbuy - Forwarding To Destination

Sorry got distracted last night. So IMO and similar to Matthew and Mike, I didn’t love 2018 Off the Cuff for $30. It’s certainly not a bad wine and wasn’t over-oaked or anything. But it was kind of a one trick pony with loads of fruit but nothing in the way of complexity other than that savory note I mentioned. If it was $18-20 I’d consider buying more.

At this point, the 2016 Stay Home Cabernet is my pick of the mystery wines, even if it’s not a mystery what it is.

Concept Album note coming Tuesday evening.

Opening one Tuesday night, will definitely post a note.

Would you say the Stay Home is accurately priced at $20?

Who do we think producer of Stay Home is?

Antica?

Yah, Peter figured it out googling the quotes from the offer.

I think it’s fairly priced, definitely decant it.

Just got an email offer $100 off $250 so I thought I’d take a quick look at what wines were offered. Found the 2018 Teeter-Totter and grabbed 4 bottles for $27.50 each. Great juice.

Is that code/link transferable?

Hi Matthew,

I’m not sure - I signed up for WineAccess a few weeks back and just got a email from Kate in my Promotions inbox and I clicked on the link and it took me to the page with $100 off $250. I thought that I had seen this offer somewhere on WB before…

Can you try to open that link in an incognito browser and see if it shows up? If so then anyone can use it and you can post the URL here.

EDIT NM: I think it’s targeted/one time only.

I got the email from wineaccess about 2017 Providence cab for 49% off (on cases).

MatthewT- wasnt one of the DN offers thought to be Provenance? Could this offer on wineaccess somewhat confirm that Provenance plays ball in this market, eventhough this offer obviously isnt under private label? (Not trying to muddy WA/DN threads). Just a thought (maybe over thinking)

Yup. That’s super interesting. And OG 6 is also 2017. Can you please post the email here?

After a record sell-out, Provenance came straight to us to debut their newest Cabernet. The estate rubs shoulders with Rutherford stars Alpha Omega, Grgich, and Peju, and we’ve got this 94pt Cab up to 49% off.

Another Big First from Provenance
Provenance Vineyards is a newly minted Wine Access favorite whose Cabernet has earned endless accolades: 4.25 out of 5 stars and a ton of raves from our members, who call it a “great value for a very good Cab!”, the “best buy of the year,” and our favorite: “Superior in every way!”

Needless to say, when the winery came straight to us with an exclusive offer to debut their brand-new 94-point 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley, we jumped at the chance, then drove a hard bargain: We’re bringing this inaugural Cabernet bottling to you at just $39—that’s 40% off SRP for bottle one—and $33 per bottle on cases, an incredible 49% off!

This wine hasn’t even reached the Provenance website yet, and when it does, it’ll be $65. It already made James Suckling’s “Ten Outstanding Napa 2017 Cabernets for Under $75,” list, and we’re proud to have it at a price that puts the winery price (and that “$75”) to shame.

So take it from the Wine Access member who said “Wish I could buy a case or two!!!” last time: If you bought Provenance before (and are looking to back up your dwindling ‘16s) or simply want a deep, dark, structured, first-class Napa Cabernet that drinks like twice its price, this is your wine—and by the case is the way to buy it.

The way we got in good with Provenance illustrates why there’s no substitute for living in Napa Valley. We were at Rutherford Grill, the famed corkage-fee-free hub of the wine business, and noticed that the group next to ours was deep into a tasting. Needless to say, we peeked: Every bottle was from Provenance Vineyards, the stellar winery situated just a mile up the road, where it rubs shoulders with Rutherford heavyweights like Alpha Omega, Grgich, and Peju.

Our Master Sommelier Sur Lucero, rarely accused of shyness, made the approach. He came back quickly, but without business cards and without bottles, so we assumed his effort had been a flop. Until ten minutes later, when the crew next to us got up to leave, stopped at our table, dropped a business card in front of Sur—and an armload of bottles in front of the rest of us.

A month after that, Provenance had become a part of Wine Access Cabernet lore. We were just about to call and inquire about their 2017 Cabernet when we got the call from them, offering us the worldwide debut on this brand new release.

Provenance, since their founding in 1999, has always focused on their Rutherford-appellated wines, plus some prestigious “Regional Exclusive” and single-vineyard bottlings that start at $115. But as they acquired more vineyard holdings in the famed Oakville golden rectangle and on top of Howell Mountain and Diamond Mountain, they decided to make a wine bearing the larger Napa Valley label—one that will occupy a place in the range a notch above their Rutherford bottling.

It’s a great addition to their lineup, and to say that this wine showcases power, structure, density, and depth is an understatement. Bolstered by grapes from Howell and Diamond Mountain, it’s got a ruby-black center with crimson staining tears. The nose is dark and warm while being centered around notes of cassis, blackberry, and crushed bay leaves. The palate is broad and open, with assertive tones of cedar plank, new leather, and pipe tobacco, plus ripe, defined, and integrated tannins that provide a frame for the full-bodied, concentrated wine. Super-rich and complete, with considerable length on this finish, this first bottling of Napa Cabernet Sauvignon will develop nicely well into the 2030s.

This wine does Provenance proud by showing off their stellar Cabernet sources. We’re thrilled to have this world-premier exclusive straight from the cellars in Rutherford. Once again, perfect Provenance like we’ve never offered before!

Had the 2015 Seghesio OV Zin last night, was excellent. Priced at $29 which is Ok but when you stack I wound up paying $11 per. Oak has already integrated, really great wine that at 15.4% isn’t noticeable at all. Wife love it, too, which is a nice bonus.

Almost certainly means #6 is Provenance or a blend from Provenance. Just all fits. And we paid $13 champagne.gif

From offer “With a seriously pedigreed winemaking team and primary sub-AVA’s of Oakville and Rutherford, even at $70+ at the winery this is one of Napa Valley’s better Cabernet bargains. At $156/case or $13/bottle, it is a stunning value.”