Cellartracker Fun with Numbers

On your Cellartracker homepage it says Wine Consumed and Wine Purchased. Clearly this is since you created your Cellartracker account. What are your stats looking like? Mine are below.

Wines Consumed - 4369
Wines Purchased - 6068

I think the purchased number must include my cellar when I initially uploaded to CT. On top of that I was somewhat an early adopter of CT.

Cheers,
Tom

1 Like

Wine Consumed 1,125
Wine Purchased 5,372

Consumed: 7,325
Purchased: 10,524

In-stock + Pending + Consumed == Purchased

Still a bit new to the game.

Consumed 413
Purchases 1533

Both off a bit. I have 10 or 12 cases of wine stacked up that I’ve been lazy and haven’t entered, plus 100+ bottles of vintage port (mostly 375s) not entered. Was just telling my wife last week that we need to set aside some time to get caught up on labeling and logging.

I also keep a section of diamonds for things like riesling, non vintage port, tokai, Moscato and other ready to drink stuff that I never run through CT. Plus usually have a couple mixed cases on the floor that I use out of the box without entering in CT.

Need to get better habits and run all through to better track what we’ve consumed and liked/not liked.

I ordered some Weinboxes yesterday to put most of my vintage port in, to both free up some rack space and better deal with the port that’s in boxes stacked on cellar floor.

Consumed: 4734
Purchased: 5600

And more importantly, notes written: 3384

Without tasting notes, CT is just Excel

Consumed 2554
Purchased 4589

But some of the data is bad. How did I drink a 2005 Pax in 2002? In January of 2014, I consumed 814 bottles. I think I built a cellar and relocated bottles so I (maybe that was when Eric did me a favor) treated everything as a missing bottle and then re-entered it in the new individual bin location. BUT even if I take that away, it’s still a lot of wine. The scary statistic is the current value of the wine I have drunk since joining CT in 2006. I do not know if it is available but I am afraid to look.

It is unfortunately. All the way on the bottom of the consumed list. Alternatively, if you don’t want to scroll all the way down, summarise purchases by any category and those $ statistics will appear at the top of the page (on the new version that is, in classic it’s always at the bottom)

Ouch

+1

Time travel??

No need to be afraid. You are always making more money, have a house, educated your children. What else do you need to spend money on?

No one so far has consumed > purchased.
Just saying’ ….

I’m in similar ratio to the others but am fairly recent into CellarTracker and still don’t have all the data uploaded.

I find it reassuring that the value of my current cellar is higher than what I paid for everything I’ve purchased, including what I’ve consumed. That means I’ve been drinking for free.

1 Like

That would not be possible.

That’d be mathematically impossible in CT as for it to be marked consumed, it has to be purchased first. At most you could have consumption=purchases, but then you’d have no wines left in the cellar

Only if you liquidate.

Always manage wine on cash basis. I “expense” everything when purchased, only in that , rather theoretical sense do I drink for free.

I guess I wasn’t thinking or writing clearly. What I really had in mind was more on a current basis, ie a cellar running down, as opposed to lifetime basis.

(One of my problems getting some of my older wines into CT is not being sure when they were purchased. I’m using Jan 1 as a flag that the year of purchase is a guess. )

It was whimsical, amusing, statistic. Not a balance sheet calculation.

Sorry I missed that.

Consumed -3522
Purchased - 6244

The good thing is that the value of my wine consumed exceeds the value of what is left in my cellar. So I’m enjoying my hobby!

1 Like

I’ve heard of lawsuits involving doctors where their credit card statements were brought in play trying to demonstrate an alcohol problem. Anyone heard of anything similar involving CT data?

I would think it would be pretty easy to discount the actual data entry because whenever I get sloppy about recording and I “true up” a section, it will show multiple cases consumed on the same day. Or, if there was a party I supplied wine to, there might be 1-2 cases marked as consumed that day.