Cellartracker Fun with Numbers

Consumed: 5,469
Purchased: 7,284

Yikes.

As Eric said, purchased - consumed = # of bottles in your cellar (including pending)?

Not yet.

Divorce is the most common scenario where there are lawsuits and scuffles over data.

If you ignore it maybe it will go away

Yep, thatā€™s correct. Aside from that math, I was also speaking to the fact that you canā€™t mark something in CT as consumed if you havenā€™t entered it in as a purchase beforehand. Though you can add TNs to wines not marked as purchased or consumed in CT

1 Like

Absolutely. When I first started using CT, all my prior purchases that I had not drunk, sold or given away were entered into the program and treated as purchases. Wines entered as consumed (drunk, sold or given away) were all from dates on or after the date I started using CT.

1 Like

Oh, you mean a feature where you could easily display cellar size over time? [cheers.gif]

You say that like it exists already? Canā€™t say Iā€™ve seen it

No the most elegant solution and it requires a bit of work on your end, but you can run a report on consumption and purchases over time and then the difference between those for each year is how much was added or reduced from your cellar holdings over time.

Ah ok. Thatā€™s using the desktop version, yes? One of my issues is that not everything is in the mobile versions. Hopefully that will change before too long.

Yes, in the desktop version. I seldom use the mobile app, Iā€™m accustomed to the desktop version to using it is faster for me. Using it to run analytics or do any kind of big inventory work seems really daunting to me. Hopefully the feature set available on mobile improves

Consumed 1703
Purchased 2565

That is as far as CT knows.
When considering the time purchases have been tracked, it does not look too bad.

Yeah, Iā€™m not really doing any analytics yet my focus is on getting the data in. Desktop is in office on 2nd floor (in North American speak) , cellar in basement.
So iPad is handy for updating etc.

I answered the entire quiz they did so that should earn some brownie points for feature improvements, yes? :slight_smile:

I think this is the feature that has been longest hoped for by users (at least posting their thoughts here) and something Eric has said maybe in the future.

Eric had noted a few times they are working a more robust mobile app, so hopefully that come soon.

I live in an apartment, so no proper cellar (just wine fridges) or multiple floors so popping my laptop on the top of the wine fridge is easy. But I can certainly understand the appeal of using a more portable solution for inventory work. That said the current mobile version seems horrible to do any kind of batch work in inventory

I have more shelving arriving tomorrow, hopefully will help a bit with organization. Iā€™m eventually gonna use bins and boxes for multiples and shelving for things that are in 1-3s.

Iā€™m just an amateur in the tech field but it seems to me there are potentially three groups of devicesā€¦ ā€˜phonesā€™, tablets, lap/desktops. The big thing (haha) about phones is screen real estate , or lack of. And I guess they are used differently than the other two. Iā€™d guess more for quick queries (what do I have for tonightā€™s duck) than updating inventory for todayā€™s shipment.

This is totally a web based app, is that right? So Iā€™m not clear why tablets get the restricted version. They have good screen sizes and reasonable processing power.

You can always use the web based version rather than the app ā€¦ on a tablet it should be fine.

3235 consumed
5583 purchased

Purchased usually lags for things like mystery wines and such. Iā€™ve probably got a total of 1.5 cases in that category.
The dollar thing is truly scary sometimes.

I showed my wife this thread and my numbers to prove my purchasing is harmless. Instead, she thinks you are all nuts. Me, Iā€™m a bit jealous.