Extradimensional Wine Co.

Just got the email from “Hardy and Kate” announcing Extradimensional Wine Company Yeah!Camp. Cost is $225. Am I correct that this is for the opportunity to buy the wine with free shipping and some swag? I thought the offer was going to include wine descriptions and ability to order. Sorry if this has been discussed - but I didn’t see any previous posts.

Yep, that’s how I took it as well. Since it’s super limited production, it sounds like you pay $225 a year to ensure guaranteed access to the wines.

I’m excited to try the them but I’ll be passing on that and keeping my fingers crossed that there’s some wine available during the actual release.

2 Likes

Camp is Already sold out.

Damn! Guess they didn’t need my $225 anyway, ha!

Good for Hardy!

Yep - good for Hardy. Gives them $22,500 to put in the bank. Will this start a trend? Pay me to hold your place? Imagine how much SQN could rake in.

Gosh I hope not, then only the rich will be able to afford $200 bottles of wine. [snort.gif]

4 Likes

PSL for wines.

I have to say I was both surprised and disappointed in the approach.

9 Likes

I would assume that those who signed up (100 places) not only want a place in line, swag and shipping but also want to demonstrate support of a small family business and a winemaker with a track record for good wine. Not to mention two very fine people.
Best, jim

11 Likes

1 Like

I am all in there, but it just seemed weird.

1 Like

I wasn’t complaining…I was just checking to make sure I understood. I opened the link to see the wine. Alas, no wine listed. I would have preferred to know what I was getting into. I do have a price limit on what I will spend per bottle. I very much like his wine - but not for $250 per bottle (or something like that). Spread the shipping cost over the 36 bottles, it really isn’t much of an add on.

In any event it didn’t matter for me, as by the time I saw the email it was sold out. Glad Hardy is getting the support, but I guess after supporting his work for 8 vintages I go to the back of the line.

2 Likes

I’d have signed up if it was set up slightly differently, and required less than a 3 cases minimum purchase annually, but am glad they sold out their subscription.

Looking forward to purchasing some of the wines when they become available.

2 Likes

i’ll play devils advocate here-
consumers buying the wine year in and year out usually demonstrates all of the above.
i don’t think consumers should be the bank for start ups.

I was fine to pay the 225. I’ve gotten a ton of enjoyment out of the wines throughout the years.

3 Likes

Anyone who buys and pays for wine prearrival is acting like a bank. I don’t mind priming the pump with a few shekels of liquidity

1 Like

i think there is a difference what i was referring to and what you describe- because in your model you are paying a for b with the delivery being a different time than usual (present vs future).
what i was referring to is the PSL, membership model where your money simply gets you the opportunity to buy and/or be in the clique.

2 Likes

Yes, but don’t leave out the cool swag and online/offline tasting opportunities!

I call it the “Country Club Model”. Nothing new been around for years.

Works for Costco.

But…

I guess it isn’t enough to buy someone’s wine, we gotta pay for the privilege…it just doesn’t sit right for me. I don’t care if other people do it, just not for me.

9 Likes