TN: 2007 Domaine La Garrigue Côtes du Rhône Cuvée Romaine

• 2007 Domaine La Garrigue Côtes du Rhône Cuvée Romaine - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône (3/24/2009)
    The hype is true!.Blood red in the glass. This is a symphony of aromas: dark cocoa, black cherry, warm berry compote and smoky bbq. In the mouth the acidity sings and leads to a beautiful spicy mix of peppercorns, plum, black and red berries and bittersweet chocolate. Juicy, bright yet with considerable heft on a medium-long finish. This is a wine I could drink all night. If this is representative of CdR I can’t wait for the CdPs. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Jorge, the word on the street is the 07 CdPs are going to be killer. I wouldn’t know though as I am awash in CA so keep us updated when you taste 'em! Thanks for the note!

Believe the hype. [d_sunny.gif] Nice note [drinks.gif]
[thank_you.gif]

Terrific wine. There is a reason retailers couldn’t keep it stocked out here.

I bought a ton. Nice future, but just not ready yet.

Jack is right, it will get even better. I found the wine best on day 3 with no sign of oxidation. Love the wine, what I don’t get is how Jack stumbled onto the truth!!! [shrug.gif]

Otto

One of the big whole foods in atl has endless bottles of this at $15 on sale. Not the best price, but ATL is not a hotbed of great pricing. Nor is whole foods.
I keep going back to get more.

Same price out here in LA at the only place it’s available, John & Pete’s. I was hoping for a couple bucks cheaper, but it looks like I’ll have to bite the bullet and buy at that price.

Late to the party, but this is a ridiculous deal at $11.

Savory, peppery - with nice balance and juicy acidity.

Where are you guys finding this in Ca.? I checked Winex, but they are sold out. Maybe they’ll re up soon?

No reason to lose hope of finding this wine John. I missed the first wave at winex by a few weeks and then they reloaded and picked up a couple of cases blindly. I am sure that they will reload again, there’s got to be a ton of this wine somehere in the distribution chain.

But as an aside, none of this wine got to San Diego as Orange County giants took it all for themselves. At least one retailer was miffed.

If you still can’t find any, PM your shipping address and I’ll ship you a bottle, on me, of course.

Otto

PJs in NYC has it for $11.

I drank a full bottle tonight minus a glass that my wife had, and I barely am buzzed. That’s a positive in my book - very lovely wine.

They went through a palate in about a week. Reloaded a week later and that was toast within a few days and that was over a month ago. I think K&L went through that same process. WineX may get it in again but I bet it will be a dollar or two more a bottle.

That’s a nice offer Otto. I might take you up on it if i can’t find any. Maybe a trade?

When I was in Winex last Thursday they had gotten in another 6 cases or so (at the same price even!), but I imagine that is probably gone by now.

Thanks for the update neighbor. It’s not listed on the website but that doesn’t always mean there isn’t something in the store. I get the feeling they sometimes hold some floor stock for local customers. I did notice they have the 07 St Cosme CdR and it appears to be a couple bucks cheaper than previously. That makes it an even better deal.

I agree Cris. In fact I just bought a 2005 Long Shadows Sequel, and saw that they also had the 04 on the shelf. The 05 is online, but the 04 is not.

FOR ONCE! a wine that’s easier to get on the east coast!

You guys always have the advantage when it comes to low priced wines from France I have found. Most of the stuff Cowan posts notes on is only available in NY wine shops when I go to search for them.

I wonder when Wineberserker Maoderator status will garner you guys priveledge at wine shops? [berserker.gif]