TN: 2007 Domaine La Garrigue Côtes du Rhône Cuvée Romaine

Maybe I’ll start brokering some wines at some local places…wait, just don’t tell anyone. [diablo.gif]

Happened already!

For those still interested, WineX has turned up a few more cases of this. Saw them on the floor yesterday and they still have the St Cosme, both at $12.99.
[cheers.gif]

Thanks for the tip Cris, just ordered 6+6 of the two.

Kimberly and I had a blast hangin with you [drinkers.gif] and the guys, looking forward to next time. [cheers.gif]

Finishing Garrigue right now, I prefer the Cosme but you cant beat either for the price.

Coincidence of coincidences…just finished a few glasses as well. Lighter than the first bottle but still yummy. Had it with a skirt steak and chimichurri. Awesome.

The St Cosme is a bit more on the rustic side to me but clearly much darker which makes obvious sense being that it’s 100% Syrah. Both should get better over the next few years also.

The hard part is keeping them that long! I’ve already restocked once on the Garrigue

And I’ve been accused of going through a lot of bottles. I wonder what some of your nightly blood alcohol levels are a beddy bye time. [drinkers.gif]

he saw my note on the squires board months ago about how it was still stellar after being open a week [d_sunny.gif]

i have already burnt through a case of these. the last bottle had some VA…

Interesting, a week??

I’ve yet to have a bottle of wine show better on the second day - regardless of how I close it (cork, vacuvin) or whether I refridge it or even if I put it into a smaller bottle.

I will say tannins soften, acidity mellows - which can make the wine more approachable, but the fruit/complexity usually suffers as well.

The Garrigue on day 2 was a bit simpler to me.

Fresh off the UPS truck I popped one of these and you guys weren’t jokin’- Beautiful frambois, crushed rocks, spices, and enough acidity to keep everything tasting fresh. I wish I bought more. Will have to reload. Six bottles will go way too fast.

I didn’t grab any of this - instead, I spent my money on a case of Cabot!!

[drinkers.gif]

Excellent choice [ok.gif] , yet this CdR is rockin for $13. I’ll have to crack a Klamath Cuvee to see how they compare in the same price range.

Picked up a couple of cases the other week at Applejacks in Denver. Jack and Otto are correct. The wine has lots going for it but it remains a bit tight/tannic at this point. It will blossom with some time.

Another really killer value ‘07 CdR from Solomon/European Cellars Selections’ stables is the Domain d’ Andézon. The tannins are somewhat softer, and the wine more rustic than the Cuvée Romaine. Just a fantastic bottle of juice for about the same price on sale - $10 or $11.

As the wine opens, the parts are more discernable. Syrah brings the full frontal attack, with grenache’s red rasp/straw fruit filling the mid pal, and carignane’s curranty kirsch brings the rear, with some bitterness and youthful tannins. It’s the killa’ dilla’. [dance.gif]

I bought Cabot instead.

[blush2.gif] [d_sunny.gif] Keeping that economy going!!

• 2007 Domaine La Garrigue Côtes du Rhône Cuvée Romaine - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône (5/28/2009)
    This is what it’s all about: A well structured, varietally correct and interesting Rhone blend in a $12 package. I would have never found this wine without the generous and sharing nature of other wine fans who have been beating the drum for the top to bottom quality of the 2007 vintage in the Rhone.

Posted from CellarTracker

Big fan of this wine as well. I only have a few bottles left and would like to let them be. Any thoughts on how long this one will go?