Patricia Green Cellars Muscat (what?) and mixed Pinot Noir case. Free shipping.

Since its inception, Wine Berserkers has championed the small producer in the wine industry, as well as other small businesses related to wine (gourmet foods, wine accessories, etc) and now our friends in the wine industry who own small businesses have been presented with a great burden during the mandatory closures of wineries and bars. In the spirit of Wine Berserkers, and the shadow of BerserkerDay, let's show our support and help our friends in this industry, supporting them with our business.

This forum will be open to all small businesses in the wine industry. Tentatively we'll close it in 2 weeks, but let's see how things go...
Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Patricia Green Cellars Muscat (what?) and mixed Pinot Noir case. Free shipping.

#1 Post by Jim Anderson » March 17th, 2020, 10:59 am

Hey, a couple of pretty easy selections. A cool white wine and a mixed box of super solid single vineyard Pinot Noirs. This site is live and this should all work pretty easily. Please go to https://www.patriciagreencellars.com/Bu ... r-Packages. Also please read all the way to the end on this so you know what to expect from this small company right now. I hope everyone is safe. I know this is the craziest and most stressful time most of us have ever experienced. I look forward to seeing you all on the other side!

SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS - YOU MUST READ THIS TO GET FREE SHIPPING - Once you have placed your orders in the cart and are checking out, there will be a "Coupon Code" field on the right above your order totals. Input "BerserkerShip" and that will activate the complimentary ground shipping. If you have problems with this, call the winery at 503-554-0821 and Jim will personally walk you through using a coupon code in the most humiliating way possible.

Option #1: 2017 Dry Muscat Ottonel, Oak Grove Vineyard

It may seem like a stretch to go in on a case of Muscat which is, quite likely, a variety that you would fart at given most opportunities. But, you should stop holding your finger out for it to get pulled in this case. This is a now-defunct project of ours because it is hard to find a home for this variety. It is bone-dry. It is floral. It is light. It is 10.9% alcohol. It goes great with Thai/Indian/Korean/whatever takeout from your favorite local restaurant. It’s perfect for some “taking the edge off” day drinking if you’re so inclined these days, and who isn’t these days? I promise you that this is THE Patricia Green Cellars wine I drink all the time (editor's note: he's not kidding. check his coffee cup.) I absolutely love it. It’s fresh to death and is just easy and delicious. I wish there was a place in the world for this wine but we didn't find it and stopped production after the 2018 vintage. If you want a dork wine with which to fly your Wine Dork Flag without announcing yourself as some natural wine weirdo, this is it!

6-pack: $78
12-pack $144

That price is ground shipping included (SEE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE). Come on. $12/bottle shipped for a case. What, what, what? Yeah. Quarantine up and get on it.

Option #2: Mixed Case of 2018 Pinot Noirs

Estate Vineyard
Freedom Hill Vineyard
Lia’s Vineyard

While you'd normally encounter these beauties in your favorite restaurant, we're releasing these wines for you today to enjoy from the comfort of your own home as you socially distance from your fellow man. Sit on your throne of hoarded toilet paper as you pair these wines with takeout from local eateries (please support our friends in the restaurant industry!), the truly embarrassing quantity of beef jerky you stocked up on at Costco, or that lonely can of garbanzo beans you keep around for emergencies - please check the expiration date

These are wines that generally go into national distribution that we rarely taste at the winery or offer on special things like Berserker Days. This seemed to fit the bill. These are terrific single vineyard Pinot Noirs from a great vintage. They’re not one of our specific clone or block bottlings, but they’re all still wonderful vineyards with terrific pedigrees that are dynamite bottles of wine regardless. They’re intense, balanced and have terrific youthful structures but are still eminently drinkable over the short term. At a national level these are wines, along with our Willamette Valley Pinot Noir ("Reserve"), that really define our winery. They’re older vineyard sites, they’re well-regarded, very nicely farmed and the wines are both delicious and have some serious QPR. These are all normally priced at $37 which is why our distributors tend to really get behind them. For real, this is a special offer on “every day drinking” single vineyard Pinot Noirs.

6-pack $180 (2 of each)
12-pack $360 (4 of each)

Again, that is all in with ground shipping included (if you read the instructions at the top and use the code).

NOTE ABOUT ORDERING. PLEASE, PLEASE READ THIS!!!!

We are operating with sort of a rotating staff at the winery right now. By no means are we operating at full capacity and this has reasons that both have to do with the Coronavirus and much more life affirming kind of stuff. All orders will be processed, all questions will be answered. It just might not happen right off the bat in our normal sort of high-end custom service sort of way. It is just not possible right now. We wanted to be a part of the Berserker community and put out an offer that you all see as generous but we may not be in a position to instantly handle every detail. If you have a question about the wine or really, really need something please email me, jim@patriciagreencellars.com, and I will personally do my best to take care of it so the staff here can work through stuff as efficiently as possible. Thanks for your understanding.
Last edited by Jim Anderson on March 17th, 2020, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-owner, Patricia Green Cellars

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Patricia Green Cellars Muscat (what?) and mixed Pinot Noir case. Free shipping.

#2 Post by Sean_S » March 17th, 2020, 11:16 am

Thanks Jim

Order in. Love some Muscat.
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard

Art R
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Patricia Green Cellars Muscat (what?) and mixed Pinot Noir case. Free shipping.

#3 Post by Art R » March 17th, 2020, 11:51 am

Are you out of the Muscat? or do I need humiliation?
Rose

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#4 Post by Jim Anderson » March 17th, 2020, 11:53 am

Art R wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 11:51 am
No, sir. I think you are better off with the former than the latter. Actually, right now it is a bit like we run a winery and a Muscat museum. Too bad. It is a delicious, simple little wine.

Art R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Art R » March 17th, 2020, 11:56 am

No matter what I do, I cannot get a 6 pack to the cart. I am humiliated.
Rose

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#6 Post by Jim Anderson » March 17th, 2020, 12:09 pm

Art R wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 11:56 am
No matter what I do, I cannot get a 6 pack to the cart. I am humiliated.
Art, email sent, please give a call here.

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#7 Post by Jim Anderson » March 17th, 2020, 12:12 pm

Art, technical glitch on our side. Fixed!

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#8 Post by Dave McIsaac » March 17th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Art,

I was able to purchase a sixer of the Muscat without uttering a single cuss word.........

Does this mean I am smarter than you, or I have suffered a great deal more humiliation than you? champagne.gif

I'm going with Option B!
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Art R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Art R » March 18th, 2020, 8:43 am

I think lots smarter, but I am in now. Still humiliated.
Rose

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#10 Post by Jim Anderson » March 18th, 2020, 9:21 am

Nah. We just didn’t have something coded correctly. Fixed it. On us.

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#11 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o » March 18th, 2020, 11:41 am

A pleasure to support you at this difficult time! Order in.

J Cangiano

#12 Post by J Cangiano » March 18th, 2020, 12:22 pm

Thank you!
J e s s e

David Kim

#13 Post by David Kim » March 18th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Order in! Looking forward to some muscat.

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#14 Post by Jim Anderson » March 18th, 2020, 2:01 pm

Muscat has been going down early and easy these past few days. Shit, we might have to move to the 2018 if I keep up my current pace.

m. ristev

#15 Post by m. ristev » March 18th, 2020, 2:26 pm

what is the story with the skin contact muscat?
mајкл

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#16 Post by Jim Anderson » March 18th, 2020, 3:16 pm

m. ristev wrote:
March 18th, 2020, 2:26 pm
what is the story with the skin contact muscat?
Okay. The Muscat we are selling here is just the regular old white wine Muscat.

We do make a skin contact Muscat that we call Marie (it was Patty’s middle name). It’s made similarly to how I make Pinot Noir. 100% whole cluster fermentation and pigeaged daily. The only differences would be that there is no cold soak, the fermentation is shorter than PN (no soak and much lower starting brix) and the wine is then aged in concrete. It’s...different. Maybe a bit of an acquired taste. I like it. It’s tannic as all get out. Smells like orange blossoms.

Patrick T a y l o r

#17 Post by Patrick T a y l o r » March 18th, 2020, 4:47 pm

Muscat Love

Jim, what is the drinking window of the 2017? Trying to decide between a sixer and a 12 pack.
The enemy of the good is the prefect.

And I'm proud to be a Berserker but not enough to join the Crü
And I won’t forget the Chardonnay that they poured down the loo
And my bottles stand up! the night before, to keep sediment away
Cause there ain’t no doubt, I'm on this board for Wine Berserker Day

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Nate Simon » March 18th, 2020, 9:24 pm

Can’t add it to my cart.

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#19 Post by Jim Anderson » March 18th, 2020, 9:58 pm

Patrick T wrote:
March 18th, 2020, 4:47 pm
Muscat Love

Jim, what is the drinking window of the 2017? Trying to decide between a sixer and a 12 pack.
Honestly. Not sure. We only really started this back in 2015. That’s all gone. The 2016-2018 all taste the same to me. Even now. It’s not a very high acid grape or wine. It’s a drinker. But it will last. At least the next 1-2 years. Easy.
Last edited by Jim Anderson on March 18th, 2020, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#20 Post by Jim Anderson » March 18th, 2020, 9:59 pm

Nate Simon wrote:
March 18th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Can’t add it to my cart.
Email me. Thought we had fixed it. Could be just a glitch. We are still on duty. We will get you taken care of tomorrow. For sure.

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#21 Post by Adam Frisch » March 18th, 2020, 10:05 pm

Can't add it either. The Pinot works, bit not the Muscat. Dying to try that.
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker (with a little help) at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#22 Post by Jim Anderson » March 19th, 2020, 8:53 am

We went back in and re-fixed the Muscat ordering. Not sure what’s up. Lots of ghosts in the machine this week out here. Should work now. If not always call or email.

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#23 Post by Nate Simon » March 19th, 2020, 9:32 am

Thanks! In for a case. Too good to pass up.

T. Melloni
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by T. Melloni » March 19th, 2020, 10:09 am

Jim Anderson wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 8:53 am
We went back in and re-fixed the Muscat ordering. Not sure what’s up. Lots of ghosts in the machine this week out here. Should work now. If not always call or email.
Thanks. Finally worked and I avoided calling, although I was a bit curious to see how you would try to walk me through the order in the most humiliating way possible. Decided I did not need that nor did I want to give you the opportunity to fluff your feathers. [insert appropriate emoticon here]

Look forward to trying the Muscat.
Tho m@s (sometimes); You can call me T.

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#25 Post by Jim Anderson » March 19th, 2020, 10:55 am

Sorry about this glitch. We have a relatively new and pretty complicated POS system in place that doubles as the back end of the web site cart. We are seeing that the training received was less than comprehensive as we bump into things we did not know about and that even the folks at the company that developed and sell and maintain it struggle with understanding it in complete sometimes as well. Sorry for the hassles but in some ways this is a good exercise to go through as folks here tend to be pretty easy about issues that exist but are fixable.

Wes Barton
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by Wes Barton » March 19th, 2020, 12:27 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 11:53 am
Art R wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 11:51 am
No, sir. I think you are better off with the former than the latter. Actually, right now it is a bit like we run a winery and a Muscat museum. Too bad. It is a delicious, simple little wine.
People love that sort of wine, but "know" they aren't supposed to. Or, they're scared or intimidated away from trying something "adventurous". Too bad, indeed. Look forward to trying yours with Sean. I make tiny batch of dry Black Muscat for myself each year. Fun, simple wine that definitely has a place.
ITB - Useless lackey

"I've acquired enough wine to seduce an elephant." - Jennifer Robin

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by Nate Simon » March 19th, 2020, 1:50 pm

A wine’s first duty is to be delicious. Sounds like this one does that very nicely.
A preposterously pleasant price for a porch-pounder with pedigree.

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#28 Post by Jim Anderson » March 19th, 2020, 3:30 pm

Nate Simon wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 1:50 pm
A wine’s first duty is to be delicious. Sounds like this one does that very nicely.
A preposterously pleasant price for a porch-pounder with pedigree.
Closing in on a case this week by yours truly.

P@u1_M3nk3s
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by P@u1_M3nk3s » March 19th, 2020, 8:10 pm

Order in! My wife loves tasty low-alcohol wines (so do I!)
Cheers,
Paul

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by JonathanG » March 25th, 2020, 9:22 pm

Just placed an order for one of each. The muscat sounds super interesting, and for the price, hey, why not. I still haven't cracked open my BD purchases but since my offsite is shut down now due to the shelter in place, these are coming to the house to be enjoyed immediately!
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#31 Post by Jim Anderson » March 26th, 2020, 12:39 pm

Drink up that Muscat! That is what it is there for! Maybe next Berserker Day we will run the 2018 on a similar special. Would love to just sell it through the normal course of action (if that even exists any longer) but the selling of Dry Muscat is just a hard mountain to scale.

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by mattcitrang » March 26th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Had mine delivered yesterday, will open one tonight. thanks. Great offer.

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by Nate Simon » March 26th, 2020, 12:56 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 12:39 pm
...the selling of Dry Muscat is just a hard mountain to scale.
Label it "Moscato," get an Instagram influencer to conspicuously drink it, and kiss every case goodbye.

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by mattcitrang » March 26th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Nate Simon wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 12:56 pm
Jim Anderson wrote:
Label it "Moscato," get an Instagram influencer to conspicuously drink it, and kiss every case goodbye.
This is bone dry, up the RS just a bit and I think you'd have a big seller.

Jason R.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#35 Post by Jason R. » March 26th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Bone dry sounds delicious. In for a case, order already in :) Thanks Jim!
R o b e r t s o n

M. Tam

#36 Post by M. Tam » March 26th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Order in for the 6 pk Muscat. Can't wait. Thanks Jim!
M i c h a e l

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#37 Post by Jim Anderson » March 26th, 2020, 5:31 pm

mattcitrang wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 1:20 pm
Nate Simon wrote:
Jim Anderson wrote:
Oh, I get it. I think the back label sort of explains the situation I put myself in. It was at one time like a 30 case thing. Then went to maybe around 100. Then to like 250 and that was, volumetrically, not a good financial plan. I love the wine. It’s not a great wine. It’s Muscat, FCOL. But it’s light and aromatic and dry and easy and I love all those things in white wine. It’s what I want to make but in this case my sense of taste does not line up well with a sales concept. I do think a funny Instagram “influencer” parody is a clever idea. Not sure people would get it.

Marcus Goodfellow
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#38 Post by Marcus Goodfellow » March 26th, 2020, 8:09 pm

Jim Anderson wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 5:31 pm
mattcitrang wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 1:20 pm
Nate Simon wrote:

Oh, I get it. I think the back label sort of explains the situation I put myself in. It was at one time like a 30 case thing. Then went to maybe around 100. Then to like 250 and that was, volumetrically, not a good financial plan. I love the wine. It’s not a great wine. It’s Muscat, FCOL. But it’s light and aromatic and dry and easy and I love all those things in white wine. It’s what I want to make but in this case my sense of taste does not line up well with a sales concept. I do think a funny Instagram “influencer” parody is a clever idea. Not sure people would get it.
Maybe bump up to 500 cases and call it “flagellatorious”... ;)

Sorry, I shouldn’t post after drinking a bottle of Riesling and some sake...
Goodfellow Family Cellars
Winemaker & Owner

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#39 Post by Adam Frisch » March 26th, 2020, 10:33 pm

Fumé Moscato - keep some RS in there and 5000 cases will fly out the door. [wink.gif]
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Owner, proprietor and winemaker (with a little help) at Sabelli-Frisch Wines. I make wine from low-impact vineyards, focus on rare, forgotten, under-appreciated or historic grape varietals. Mission grape is my main red focus. IG: sabellifrisch

Joe Chanley
Contributor
Contributor

#40 Post by Joe Chanley » March 27th, 2020, 7:57 am

order in for a 6er of muscat

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#41 Post by Sean_S » March 27th, 2020, 8:06 am

Muscat arrived yesterday. Yum, definitely has that varietal characteristic of muscat. Thanks again
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#42 Post by Jim Anderson » March 27th, 2020, 8:23 am

Drank a bottle last night. Goes down easy. Glad folks have found some room for this quirky little number. Every wine need not be stately or complex to be delicious.

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by Nate Simon » March 28th, 2020, 9:09 pm

Enjoyed this one tonight. I’d say buy without hesitation if you’re looking for exactly what Jim describes. Light, good acidity, low ABV. Completely crushable. My only caveat would be that it is most enjoyable cool, not cold, so the Muscat character comes through.

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#44 Post by Jim Anderson » March 29th, 2020, 10:00 am

Nate Simon wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 9:09 pm
Enjoyed this one tonight. I’d say buy without hesitation if you’re looking for exactly what Jim describes. Light, good acidity, low ABV. Completely crushable. My only caveat would be that it is most enjoyable cool, not cold, so the Muscat character comes through.
I agree. Nicely cooled is best. Especially with your Sunday brunch or whatever you’re having in the morning.

Adam Frisch
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#45 Post by Adam Frisch » March 29th, 2020, 12:27 pm

In for a mixed case, despite being bankrupt.
Last edited by Adam Frisch on March 29th, 2020, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabelli-Frisch Wines

Colin Carpenter
GCC Member
GCC Member

#46 Post by Colin Carpenter » March 29th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Jim, can't seem to get the muscat placed in the cart to order. It zeros out when I enter a quantity. Have we tapped out the supply? Is it me?!

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#47 Post by Jim Anderson » March 29th, 2020, 2:06 pm

Colin Carpenter wrote:
March 29th, 2020, 1:01 pm
Jim, can't seem to get the muscat placed in the cart to order. It zeros out when I enter a quantity. Have we tapped out the supply? Is it me?!
Yep. Hold on. I can get that fixed.

sdfruman
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#48 Post by sdfruman » March 29th, 2020, 2:27 pm

In for a six pack of the muscat. I'm down with day drinking since there's nowhere to go. [cheers.gif]
Sheila

“There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.”
― Bette Davis

Jim Anderson
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#49 Post by Jim Anderson » March 29th, 2020, 2:33 pm

Okay. It’s fixed. Sorry for the glitches. Our website requires us to “populate inventory” for it to be available. This wine is not a regular retail item (or any sales avenue actually, but it is generally designated for our national market for glass pours) so we’ve only been doing it as needed but y’all have been buying it at rates we did not expect so it sometimes runs out and we need to put more back in.

Colin Carpenter
GCC Member
GCC Member

#50 Post by Colin Carpenter » March 29th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Working now. Order in! Thanks.

Return to “Berserker Quarantine Relief”