'09 Le Bon Pasteur.....here we go

Interesting, will need to try one. I guess I was suggesting that I found it difficult to believe that anyone (not just Jeff Leve) would really like the 1990. Not going to outshine a Petrus or a Trotanoy, but also not (at the time at least) in the category of a wine that only those like ripe and modern wines would go for (I think I fall into another category)…

I don’t seek them out or have a lot of experience with them. His own Domaine de L’a used to be an excellent QPR

I just like -Dererencourt- very bright and classy guy.

Just finished a glass. A bit tight and harsh upon opening. But with air, I have to say that I found Jeff Leve’s last tasting note and score (94) on Cellartracker spot on.

The world is officially ending
[wink.gif]

No, it is the new reality. :slight_smile:

I’m going to drown my pain over some Sociando

Marc… I sent you a PM offering to buy all the nasty Bon Pasteur 2009 you have. I did not hear back. Let me know…

Sorry …I think I was less busy prior to the virus and I have to find the damn key to my cooler! Once this is accomplished it is yours. Might be a week or 2

Its just one bottle sir, happy that it is going to a good home

You only have 1 bottle? Oh, I was thinking you had a cellar full, or at least a case. I will happily trade you something for it, or buy it. No hurry.

You Sir, have good taste! I cannot say the same for those two weenies who seem to know each other however neener

WTF? Someone come to my rescue!! Don’t let Leve do me like this!!!
[help.gif] [snort.gif]

I actually heard Rolland put a hit out on me!!

i am assuming you are talking about top tier wines. Plenty of long held family estates in lesser areas.

I’ve been really enjoying this thread - thanks Marc for taking one for the team! Whether Le Bon Pasteur is any good or not is always down to personal preference.

Jeff is right in that because of French inheritance tax, which takes into account the value of the land based on other transactions, it’s increasingly hard for families to maintain their ownership, but there are still quite a few, even in the top tier: Barton, all the various Lurtons, Delon, Cruse, you could add Castéja, Quié, then Audoy, Duboscq, I would include Cuvelier, also Merlaut, not forgetting the most obvious of all - Rothschild (both branches!) - then all the others - Bernard, Perrin, without even starting on the Right Bank. Whether company ownership is better or not is a tough one - sometimes it is and I can think of at least one of the families mentioned who I would be happy to see sell up! It doesn’t always result in better management but I think the best example of one that has is Lagrange - Suntory have done an excellent job without resorting to inflated prices.

It’s just a bit of Levety.

Good one, Craig! Are you suggesting that Jeff has taken Leve of his senses?
Or as Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes sang - “Don’t Leve me this way”!

I thought that was the Communards?

Nah, that was the second cover version after Thelma Houston!!

They’re all celebrating having sold all their remaining bottles of Le Bon Pasteur 2009 to Jeff - who you can spot behind the bar counting the bottles:

Yea I think the Communards version was more of a lovefest for this liquid chocolate sex concoction! :wink:

I suppose you could say that the Communards Rollandized the song?

Are you sure you don’t mean Levefest?