2001 Suduiraut Sauternes

No, we DON’T want China to drink Sauternes, thank you very much. Let them continue to drink icewine and support my country’s industry while we all get to still acquire relatively affordable Sauternes. And I agree that Chateau Myrat is very nice, though that opens a whole can of worms as the wine has a very controversial difference of opinion previously on this board.

IMHO the 2001 Sauternes in general is way to young to be drinking now other than an occasional checkpoint. The bottles I’ve had have been primary and not ready, showing way too much acidity that will meld well with the sweetness with age. I try to stay with the triple-header vintages of 1988-1989-1990, as they’re drinking well now with decades of life left.

If you can resist, let those 2001s rest for another 10 years. You’ll be well rewarded beyond what you’ll taste today.

love the 01 suduirant and it has a long life ahead

I love the 2001 Sauternes vintage from day one!
Afther some years they close down, but since 2008/2009 Yquem and Rieussec are a great plessure to follow. It is a pitty for my grandchildren champagne.gif

Cinderella wine has the 750 for $74.74 right now.

Love this wine. Grabbed a 3-pack. Thanks!

Yes thanks got a couple!

I agree. The acidity of the 01 Suduiraut is what makes it so nice. Drank 6 out of 6, 1-2 years ago. The Rieussec and Yquem are too dense and cloying at this time.

Me too :slight_smile: Thanks so much for the heads up. I’m down to my last bottle and its great stuff, Got 3 for the free shipping,

I tasted the 2001 Suduiraut couple of months ago. It had depth and complexity. Lovely wine.

But based on previous tastings I would still prefer the 2001 Rieussec or Climens to the Suduiraut (and most definitely the D’Yquem).

I just had a half bottle over the last few days, and then this offer comes up for the lowest price I’ve seen for 750s. It was fate! I broke my buying moratorium for a 3-pack…

And then the website switched to their next bottle! Did I get the last bottles? Or will I get an e-mail that they ran out as I was placing my order. We shall see…

Thanks for the heads-up! Great wine.

Good luck with your order! I have a couple or three half bottles left if my inventory is correct!