2005 v 2006 Allemand Reynard

Just following this thread in case Nathan decides to out which new producer he’s tracking… :wink:

I have enjoyed Reynard and Chaillot from vintage 1996 to 2009 and have not yet tasted a really mature Allemand
All have been extraordinary though

"Someone can correct me if i’m wrong but this is what I was told by someone “in the know”. So I do not know how accurate it is.

When Marcel retired in the late 90s he had to give up some of his vineyards and basically only had his coteaux from 99-02. That’s why you don’t see any regular cornas bottles from that period. Then after 04 when Olga decided she didn’t want to make wine, I guess they sold the Combe vineyard that made up coteaux. He was sold vineyards in a separate area of Cayret & Champelrose (than his original vines) back in 03, in which he made a wine and continued to make wine from 05.

Who knows how much of it is accurate.[/quote]"

He held onto the parcels lower on the slope that were easier to work. Marcel is an older man and had a difficult time tending to the steep parcels later in his career.

"

He held onto the parcels lower on the slope that were easier to work. Marcel is an older man and had a difficult time tending to the steep parcels later in his career.[/quote]

Then if that’s the case, why didn’t he make a lower slope cornas from 99-02? He only made cuvee c.

Mike z is the one that gave me the info when we were discussing the lack of wine outside of cuvee c from 99-02

Then if that’s the case, why didn’t he make a lower slope cornas from 99-02? He only made cuvee c.

Mike z is the one that gave me the info when we were discussing the lack of wine outside of cuvee c from 99-02[/quote]

I don’t know the answer to that, but I can ask. He may have just decided to call it cuvee c. When I saw him in September, he wanted to label my bottles of 2015 as cuvee sc, but couldn’t find the stickers. He seemed to be a bit loose with what labels went on the actual bottles. I’ll see can get some info on the lack of a regular cuvee from that time frame.

Just moved to LA. I was trying to figure out where to take my girlfriend for her birthday, and started compiling names with Kismet at the top (Catch won, for the hilarity factor, and it ended up being deep fun). At one point I had about a dozen possibilities lined up, one of them almost entirely because I saw the 2012 Reynard at $156 on their list. Now I can’t figure out which place it was. Oh well.

My takeaway from this thread is that we should try Kismet ASAP. For a compare/contrast with The Exchange.