2008 Dom Pérignon

Don’t they have like 100 million members in the US? Lol.

Bud. There are 3 certainties in life. Death, taxes, and the need to have a Costco membership. Honestly, the executive membership is like $130 or something and it literally pays for itself at the end of the year (you earn cash back on total purchases). I absolutely hate shopping outside of Amazon (and obviously wine-related sites/stores), and I volunteer to go to Costco every single time my wife brings it up. Freaking love that place. Do yourself a favor and go get a membership tomorrow.

2008 may well turn out to be one of the truly Outstanding Champagne vintages for many houses,

In case of use to you and others, looking at the current market here is what I am seeing,

Acker hammered 12 bottles at $2,232 all in in May, or $186 per bottle. I present that as a secondary market result. They have sold other cases since, but the archive is not yet updated.

Looking at winesearcher, when you consider just the major national players who routinely ship around the country and also who do enough volume that they are selling things based on recent wholesale, $170-180 is a lower end of the range (and where most of the listings reside) with a couple of such merchants around $160.

I bought early at $145 per from a very large grocery chain during one of their periodic 20% off sales earlier this spring. At the time, Costco had the wine intermittently at about the same price.

This pattern is similar to what I observed with 2008 Roederer Cristal- getting in early meant you could get $185ish in many markets depending on the retailer- but now the wine is trading in the $225 to $250 range and there is plenty to go around.

The good news is that I think 2008 Dom is going to be available pretty reliably for at least another year. I would be astonished if 2010 or 2011 were declared- so I expect 2012 will be the next declared vintage.

So for anyone who has not bought yet- I think there is still time to wait for the occasional potential sale in your market or perhaps an auction where many cases are offered and a few go cheap- but I think the very brief window of under $150 is long gone except in the most unusual circumstances (and in such a case I would be asking a lot of questions about storage and provenance.)

Has anyone seen them in 375s?

Magnums now released in HK and UK

Unfortunately, not here in ATL. Costco told me they would not be getting more several months ago. Wished they would ship a few to ATL. The cheapest here in ATL is $169/blt at Tower.

Ohh shoot! That’s a bummer :frowning:

Which Costco?

Does anyone know which Costco locations in WLA or San Fernando Valley have the 2008 Dom? I was told a few months back by the Westlake Village location they still had more than a palate of the 2009 and would not get another shipment (he did not know if that meant the 2008 or more 2009) until those were gone. He thought that meant around New Years.

You guys are lucky, my local CostCo north of Denver doesn’t have a single bottle of anything priced over $20. Anyone know why such a disparity?

Saw some this weekend in the Seattle area…

On the positive side, you should be able to get all the Tin Cup and Coors you need.

Not quite the area you asked for but could be close enough, I saw some 2008 in the Monterey Park Costco going for $159

Several in WA that i saw personally… and some in CA that i’ve read about.

Bruce - Burbank costco still has a few, i believe at $149

Saw it today in Marina del Rey for $155.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks!

I’ve never seen a half bottle of Dom before - not at the caves or retail… don’t think they are produced…