2008 Dom Pérignon

Where do you like for wine buying in HK?

Fine Wine Experience. They are very professional and hold many tastings (food & drinks) for what I consider fair fee.

Thanks so much! We’ll be there again in a few weeks and don’t feel like carrying our own this time.

Linden at Fine Wine Experience is a great chap, say hi.

Excellent, thanks Russell. I’m very impressed by the list of Germans, which are very difficult to find in most parts of Asia. It’s always frustrating, since it’s what I almost always want to drink with the food.

+1 re Linden. Top man.

I don’t know if they did or not, but I’ve heard stories of “small bottles” of Dom Perignon at a Golf Course. Given that it was my father (who is not “into wine” yet enjoys drinking it if it’s under $15/bottle. I have to assume that maybe back in the 80’s or 90’s maybe they did? He talks about a hole in one that a friend got at a golf course where a friend of his ordered a few “small bottles” of Dom Perignon for the men to share. I’d be curious to hear if anyone else had heard of this?

Never seen a half bottle of DP.

Has the Lenny Kravitz Ltd Edition version been released yet? I assume this is the same wine that goes into the regular DP?

just a different label and an extra $50, IMO

I opened one this past weekend. Better times are ahead, but it’s still fantastic at the moment. Since they’re currently available, every time I’ve opened one from my stash I’ve ordered two more.

Cheers,
Warren

1D880E01-13F5-44DC-AD69-C5D5460EDF62.png
Not sure I see 50 extra bucks in that.

I’ve done the same. Enjoying one tonight. Never seen a bottle of Dom sell for less 10 years later, have you?

Nope. I’ve never seen one drink this well so soon after release either.

Have a great weekend, Alan.

WT

Picked some for US$137 from a local retailer having a 20% sale

This is the type of deal I’m holding out for, afraid it may not come my way though at this point.

I grabbed some at $160 and will open it at home with a nice meal - will not add restaurant costs to it!

Grabbed 2 at Costco today for $144 per.

Which Costco?

Santa Cruz Ca. Costco had them last week. I believe $149.