2008 Salon

I have drunk the 2008 Salon, and I must say that I found it one of the greatest Salon I have ever drunk.

As I have drunk every Salon since 1995 on the day of their official delivery, I see that the 2008 is particularly well made.
It reminds me of 1966 Salon which is one of my preferred Salon. It reminds me also 1988 but Didier Depond thinks more of 1982, and agrees with me on the 1966.

Didier Depond had told me many years ago that the 2008 would be only available in magnums. I did not know about a joint marketing of other vintages. I have no idea how the market would react.

$9000

[rofl.gif]

More power to them if they can get it, I guess. I had a '96 Salon a couple of weeks ago that was extremely mediocre, not just by the standard of its price and reputation, but by the standard of Champagne in general. I’ve had better bottles of Pierre Peters NV. I am not exaggerating. We also had a '96 Comtes that was mindblowing. Even lesser vintages of Comtes (and Peters Chetillons) are FAR better than that '96 Salon was.

Available here in Sweden for pre-booking at USD8000 + change.

Good for Laurent-Perrier! Let’s see how this does in the marketplace [popcorn.gif]

Hah - I can do better than that! Offered here in NZ for NZ$14,950 which is US$9,500.

Brodie

So it is 2 bottles each of 2004, 2006, 2007 and 1 mag of the 2008? That is equivalent to $1000+ a bottle. Big Yikes.

7500€ recommended price for the case including taxes is what I heard today from a distributor

About time to sell my mags of 96!

they can kiss my (poor) ass.

Or one of those tiny wax bottles with juice inside that I used to get for Halloween. That would make it affordable for me.

I know a number of major Champagne collectors/drinkers, and not a single one of them is remotely thinking of buying one of these assortment packs at those prices.

We drink a lot of champagne. That being said, Salon has been off my list for a long time. Too inconsistent (several meh to bad bottles) for a wine in this price range. There are so many great champagnes that I could buy 2-3 cases of vintage champagnes for this offer.

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Time to fire up my helicopter and corner the market.

That comes to well over $1000 a bottle.
That is just about six bottles of the great 2008 Cristal.

A New Zealand retailer just put out a pre-arrival offer on this case yesterday.
NZ$14,950.00
That equates to US$9398.47 when I looked on xe.com a moment ago, so US$1174.75 per 750ml bottle equivalent.
That’s a LOT of money for a bottle of Champagne.

I’m amazed that anyone would pay that price for a notoriously inconsistent wine but I assume they know their market?

Take a look at the “YOUR purchase” thread.

In the USA it’s suggested price is $9,000

Wtf