2013 scarecrow

I got an email tuesday around noon. Did your postcard say you would be able to purchase in the first wave on March 2? I’m sure you can log in to your account even without the email.

Can’t recall the date on the postcard to be honest. I tried logging in yesterday several times and nothing available. Must be in a different wave.

I think second wave starts next tuesday?

I think second wave start Wednesday, March 9 at noon.

I doubt there will be much left after the first wave. IMHO

would be pretty f*cked up if wave 2 gets shutout.

This would be my 9th vintage and I’ve never been shutout

They didn’t make that much wine and lost some in the quake. I am the first wave and was offered a 6 pack, 3 pack, and a mag…that’s a lot of wine.

Hopefully you don’t get shutout.

postcard showed up today. March 9th order date. Seems allocations are guaranteed. Guessing no one is getting their additional request if that’s even offered this year.

I forgot that I skipped one vintage which bumped me to second wave apparently

That’s interesting, because the postcard that I received for the first wave said first come first serve on allocations. Maybe they’re not selling very much?

My card says that it is 1st come…

Yes, $300 is crazy. Even SQN is ‘only’ $240 for the EBA. The other names above are a much better value.

Parker gives the 2014 (91-94), so we’ll see, won’t we?

1000 cases made. In second wave also.

I got my letter too - Second wave!!

yes, card says first come, first served, but there must be enough wine for at least the second if not the third wave

I flipped '05-07

Never to return

Yes I know I wasn’t supposed to do this

I am sorry!!!

How long did you wait after signing on to the list?

I maxed out on Mr. Etain but wondering if I will make it to the second wave. I signed on early last year

JF

JF, did you get a post card or email for the second wave?

I’m in a similar situation - ordered the M. Etain last year - but so far no post card and no email for the 2013 Scarecrow.

Only been buying a few years, got a March 15 postcard for 1 3 pack. Would have liked to have been 2nd wave and offered 2, or better yet the 6 pack, but no room for mags right now
Buying or not buying metain they say does not effect your 'crow wait. It’s usually 3-4 years or so although with the relatively large 2012-14 harvest and price increases it may be shorter now. Who knows.

How is this “greedy”??
It is a luxury product, and if the market will pay it why should they sell it for less? Given what they paid for the vineyard they will not make money for decades. Would I pay that premium? -no, but that doesnt make it greedy. I love threads like this when consumers think wineries should sell their wines for less than market prices. If you want mags of scarecrow that is the mkt. are there better values in napa cab? Probably, but it is not greedy. They will sell out.