2014 Maybach

Maybe 5-6 years ago, but not anymore. The last high dollar CA cab for me is Roy Piper and when his next price increase arrives I’ll probably be out of the high price cab game for good.

Same!

Cheers. champagne.gif

Lucas

Open early. Order placed!

I’m in!!!

I’m in, and left a few 375s

I am in

2+2 materium 750
2 materium 375
1 amoenus 750

Hope i get the wishlist 2 materiums.

In all reds !

I am in, but don’t buy the Mags or 375’s. We suck down the 750’s so fast, I can’t imagine opening a 375 but I thought about it for a while. Great wines for sure.

I take the opposite approach. As the markup for the 375s is reasonable given the overall price, I take more of them (even though it effectively doubles the shipping cost by volume). For us poor folks, it’s easier to open a $100 half bottle than a $190 full bottle. And that also allows me to drink some along the way while I let the few 750s age. I recently drank one of my 06s and it was incredible at this stage. So, I’d prefer to drink the 375s along the way and wait for the full bottles later. Of course, when drinking with other couples, as we did with the 06, the full bottles are a necessity.

Right. Once I realized the price for the 375’s I decided I could not possibly go wrong. Plenty of times I don’t want to open the 750 and I don’t want to use the coravin.

3+1 Materium 750
1 amoenus
1 Chard

I wavered a bit on the 375s. I bought a few last year, and I like having them around. But I’m trying to be more thoughtful about my budget this year, and I felt like that was a relatively easy cut for me.

Took everything but the Pinot.
1x Materium Mag
3x Materium 750
4x Materium 375
6x Amoenus
4x Eterium

For once in my wine buying life I feel like a baller.

Left Amoneus but something had to give. Took my Materium in all 3 formats.

Ended up with the following:
5 Materium (and wish listed another 3)
5 half bottles Materium
1 mag
3 Irmgard
2 Eterium

Maybach and Realm are my biggest purchases year in and year out. Both such great wines and people.

All three Materium formats here, and wish list. Our favorite wine.
Left the Amoenus which is a bit less to our tastes.
This is our most expensive wine order of the year.

Took all the materium and wish listed a mag and 3x 750!

Can’t wait to try :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Same thought process here – the delta is minimal and the optionality is high.

Full allocation of course. Opened a half from the 2010 vintage on Jan 20th. Was blown away. Can’t believe it’s the 9th release already. Major soft spot for the Irmgard as well.

Love these wines - both cabs are exactly to my taste. Have been scaling back on the $150+ cabs, mostly because I hesitate to open them, but I’ve been buying these since the inaugural vintage and can’t imagine not buying a few each year.

Sherri… you took the words right out of my mouth!!!