2016 MacDonald release

Exactly. [highfive.gif]

A couple of MacDonald lots sold for very high prices at K&L in the past few days - 2015 3b $1800, 2014 3b $1557.

Don’t expect wine anytime soon. Screaming Eagle II.

Can anyone get me on the list?

[snort.gif]

I’m happy with Tynan, Scarecrow (which I’ll likely drop from a vintage or two from now, or share allocation with no upcharge), and a small stash left of Harlan for my Napa cabs. I think I’m around 2015 or so on the MACDONALD list and as happy as I’d be to get an allocation, I don’t expect to see one for years.

Sure I’ll trade you for a helicopter [wow.gif]

3x. Yes. But most people keep it because it’s delish.

I’m obviously a better emissary emissary than Joe B in spreading the love of Mac’D’s…

I’m not on the list - Napa Cabs aren’t my thing. And it wouldn’t have mattered if they were, as I missed out early on.

But from everything I’ve read of the MacDonalds, I have a ton of respect for them. They could easily charge far more, and get away with it. But they don’t. And I like that they spread the wine around by offering only a 3 pack to most folks. Gives as many people as possible a chance to try the wines. Seem like a class bunch.

Astonishingly great wine. Best napa cab ive ever had without question. Alex and Graeme are the best. The 2016 is 100% pure, bottled unicorn blood

i believe the last i saw they were at the end of 2014

As are the rest of us [wink.gif]

Visited Alex in the spring. . . everything you read is true. Very generous with his time and wine. Amazing story and great guy!

Every time this thread comes around, I kick myself for not having bought until the 2013 (despite being on the list starting with the 2010 — I was in a period of trying to reduce wine budget when that offering came out, so I passed on it). Anyway, I guess I’m not surprised to hear about the aftermarket prices, but I also can’t imagine selling any of mine.

Tasted with Alex in May. The 2016 is spectacular. In fact, it was so good that I would buy at aftermarket pricing.

Tasted with Alex in Los Angeles a few weeks ago. The enthusiasm is totally justified. Though based on this thread, I’m starting to worry that they’re using up the whole production on tastings!! :slight_smile:

Have any of you who have not been previously on the allocation list received the email saying you’ve graduated from the waiting list?

How about those of you who have already received allocations - any email yet making the date official?

Wish I had known that he was in town. Maybe I can leverage this to obtain a 6 bottle allocation. [wink.gif] [cheers.gif]

Every time I taste with him I think the exact same thing!

Signed up in 2017 so I have a long way to go. Would trade my spot on Saxum’s list for a spot on MacDonald.