2016 MacDonald release

Should be a save the date email out soon. I’m sure it will get posted here. If you get it your in. If not still waiting. That’s about it

Thanks Cap’n.
Captain Obvious.png

Save the date just landed- September 17th. 369 cases produced.

A9812515-CF03-481B-BBF8-D62E7FFF511D.png

345 cases last year, I believe, so that’s good news (hopefully) for some folks on the waiting list.

No save the date email for me.:weary:

only 369 cases this year so I imagine not a lot of extra wine will be available.

I don’t know if this is retail production or total production, but if the increase goes to customers that’s potentially 96 more 3-packs. Not a lot, and if some of it is held back for tastings/events, even less so.

I have an acquaintance who had been on the MacDonald list for the last few years. I learned today that he didn’t receive the save the date email. I also know from experience that only those who are receiving an allocation receive that email.

Given that he had been somewhat less that covert in the reselling of his allocation, it would appear that he isn’t getting an allocation for the 16 MacDonald.

Bad Karma to sell MacD !

Here here. Ive been refreshing my email once every 5 mins since noon hoping to get an allocation. Totally down with them booting the flippers to make room for those who genuinely want to enjoy their wine

Feb '14 here and apparently no soup for me :slight_smile:

I can see two reasons why you’d sell these. Either you decide you don’t like them or they are too pricey to drink. In either case why shouldn’t you stop or be stopped from buying?
Now I remember someone in CC saying that they sold an extra three pack (who knew you could wishlist?) for a “reasonable” price. Wonder if that is who we are talking about.

Catching flippers is probably a losing battle but I’m 100% behind the owners if they are dropping them. There are a zillion people on the wait list who want to drink the wines. I dropped off SQN in 2000 when I decided the wines weren’t for me and I was going to sell what I had. I hope whoever benefited from that has enjoyed and not flipped.

Oh, Danny, this isn’t Russia. Is this Russia? This isn’t Russia, is it? I didn’t think so.

Any idea how (in general) owners feel about sharing allocations? Most 3-6 packs from my favorite lists are so far out of my budget and sharing/splitting the allocation at the winery price (no markup) so I can get 1-2 bottles to cellar works out well for me. I want to drink my wine, I just can’t afford all the wine I want, so often I am required to purchase X and sell Y in order to cellar Z, and Y is mostly a wash.

I have no idea how owners feel about that, but my opinion would be that if you buy the minimum and you intend to drink what you can afford, you’re not really taking unfair advantage of anything.

I suspect sharing would not be frowned upon. Winemakers want people to drink their wine, the more the better. Sharing means more people get to and is very different than flipping

+1

So, if anyone wants to share…

There is a difference in selling a bottle or 2 to finance buying the wine versus flipping the whole allocation