2018 Andremily Grenache Release

Chris / John -

The wine cost ratio is correct. I am a fan of NOK and Andremily. They are not clones of each other but both exceptional. certainly Andremily is the better QPR

Signed up for list in 2014, but wasn’t offered wine until 2016 with the 2014 #3 release. This allocation, was offered EABA, but no Grenache. Find it odd that new list sign ups are getting offered the Grenache, but none for me. Emailed to find out whats up.

Ditto.

Well, the price is up $12/bottle but these are always such great wines that it’s worth it for sure. Shipping is reasonable. Order in!

Odd. I signed up in December 2020 and received neither an email nor an allocation. Any chance you meant Jan/Feb of 2020?

Hey, sorry for any confusion I caused. I met up with a fellow Berserker earlier this year and he told me to sign up if I haven’t since I was a fan of this style. Turns out I signed up June 2020. To many waitlists to keep track of! Haha

Sorry again folks!

Has anyone seen any press on the new vintage?

Jeb has reviewed both and gave them scores (range) bordering on perfection. Scores aren’t as valuable as the review content (IMO), but the reviews from Jeb very much aligned with my expectations and with the scores he gave them.

Grabbed 2 packs of EABA and 1 of Grenache. Should have probably wishlishted more Grenache, but happy with the allocation!

No worries! I signed up December 2020 as well.

Picked up 1 x 3 pack EABA and 1 pack Grenache. Wondering if I was stupid not to buy both 3 packs in my EABA allocation…

The 2017 is absolutely wonderful. I grabbed both 3-packs in my allocation without hesitation. Definitely a no-brainer, IMO.

1 Like

How long did you decant the 17 before trying one?

Opened in the morning and did slow-ox until lunch. Then decanted for probably 6 hours. Drank over the course of 4 hours. Needed every bit of air to shine. Saved a glass for day 2 and there was still an improvement over day 1. Nothing made it to day 3. Not sure I’d touch them now, but YMMV.

2 Likes

Jeff,

I tried a 2017 EABA with about 3-4 hours decanted before rebottle for transport to a friend’s place where we drank about 2 hours later. DE-LISH! Saxum needs more time (both bottle and air).

1 Like

They seem so new, but they’ve been making wine for at least 7 years. I’m surprised the waitlist isn’t a lot longer. The price point is right in the range of Saxum JBV,
Alban Reva and Cayuse BF. They easily hold their own in comparison. And their Mourvedre is outstanding.

1 Like

in for 1 and 1, WL the grenache. really interested in seeing Jim’s work with grenache. and next year a white wine as well.

Nice. Thanks Ron.

Anyone know why they didn’t release the rosé this go around?

I would ping them on IG to see if they respond.