2018 Bien Nacido & Solomon Hills Estate + LOTS OF PERKS (TWO WINES SOLD OUT)

In for a sixer!

1 Like

Thanks Brian!!! Hopefully the vineyard tour when you make it up will be ready to show the 2019s…I think they will be quite different. 19 was a bit more flashy. 18 was lean. But who knows…maybe we have some magic!

Same here… mine arrived 2pm ? Boston
Bottles were cooooold but it was 20 degrees today ?

I’ll crack one open this wknd really looking fwd to them

We Opened Popega style the Viognier tonight. Wife loves it and prefers it to be bien nacido 2017 Chardonnay that we drank yesterday.

We have 78 bottles left before Summer, when we roll out 2020 vintage.
This wasnt generally available for the BD sales, but Brent wanted some, so we let 'er rip! For any of you who bought some, hope you love it!

Anyone have a problem with the Solomon Hills PN? I opened a bottle tonight and it was very bretty. Completely undrinkable.

Hey Jeff, In the vintages we produced from 2006 until today, I have never experienced any Brett in our wines. We have in fact, only had our own barrels in the winery, and don’t bring used barrels from any other wineries in our winery.
But, that doesn’t mean there can’t be something that was out of the ordinary. I am going to send some of the 2018 Solomon Hills Pinot to ETS for testing and see what they say.
I would whole heartedly admit if the concern about the wine was stem inclusion. This vineyard always shows some green tones, even when we completely destem the fruit (like in 2020).
I will report back once we send out some wine for sampling at ETS.
Needless to say, if you want me to switch that out for a 2018 Bien Nacido Pinot, I am happy to ship you another. Or your choice on what youd like for a replacement.
-Will

Will - Thanks - I will open another one and see what happens. I appreciate your willingness to help.

Hi Jeff, I wanted to share with you the results of the Scorpions Panel. I can assure you that we definitely didn’t have any Brett in the Solomon Hills Pinot.
If you detected something you werent in love with in the wine, I am bummed to hear. As I mentioned, Solomon Hills being so close to the ocean can show some stemminess on the nose. But, it for sure wasnt brett.

2 Likes

I opened a second bottle and it was excellent. The first one had a problem, but Will is making it right. I will be a customer again.