2018 Maybach release

Obviously no mention of smoke issues. Curious if the release will discuss this in terms of the vintage year. Roy Piper has the best information about this in the public domaine

Dennis- for the 2018 vintage? What information. Thank you.

I tried both of these wines (Amoenus, Materium) this week. I haven’t had the 16 Amoenus in awhile, but it is every bit as good as I remember that one being. The Materium might be the best Materium ever bottled. And I’ve had them all.

2 Likes

Will- that is saying a lot. I assume these puppies need time in the cellar and are much less approachable upon release, closer to 2013 vs say 2015?

i cracked open a '17 Materium the other week (from 375) and it was excellent

1 Like

18 is a weird vintage in that the tannins are ripe but they are plentiful. The bottles I had were open for a few hours, just cork pulled with a small pour removed to check for TCA (critic tasting). I’ve yet to have an over the hill Maybach (admittedly haven’t had 04/05 in long time), so your window to get this right is pretty big.

re: 13 v 15, imo those are both more obviously tannic vintages. Maybe somewhere between 13 & 14 as far as tannin?

2 Likes

Thanks Will!

Just ordered. Materium, Amoenus, and Eterium.

Got the save the date but no offer? Weird and i bought last year

I just logged in and saw it; I still haven’t received the email (except the order confirmation). Login and check if you haven’t yet.

In for a bunch ! [cheers.gif]

Nothing for me… RIP

I’m on the list but no allocation so far

Oh the irony.
I was excited to login and purchase my allocation this morning.
Right as I’m about to login, Rick Astley’s song “Never gonna give you up” comes blasting through the radio at the gym. :rofl:
…No offer yet…
I had a good laugh…

A must-buy each year, but some hard decisions.

Need to think about what and how many (seems like generous allocations, as I’m assuming they produced a good amount in 2018 (578 cases of Materium), given Berserker Day and the Realm release.

same

I think they have to just be updating allocation I have bought the last 3 years and currently have not allocation

For those of you who aren’t seeing allocations, did you get the release email? The email finally rolled in to my inbox around 15 minutes ago.

If anyone is interested in some of mine send me a private message. =)

I received my 1st offer last year and purchased my allocation of 2017 Matrium. I received the save the date email for the release today but I haven’t received an offer yet. I’m wondering if the release is in stages or if I won’t be receiving an allocation this year.

Below is the email I received last year when I purchased so I’m hopeful that the release happens in stages.

"Greetings from Maybach Winery.

We warmly extend an invitation to a group of long-standing wait-list members to join our mailing list.

Our 2017 Cabernets, 2018 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are now in release.

Small allocations allow us to make wine available to new members every year.

Please note, this offer is first-come first-served and allocations cannot be guaranteed.

If orders cannot be fulfilled, we will keep you on our list and send an offer for next year’s release."