2018 Sine Qua Non Syrah/Grenache

My e-mail says “save the date” and says the store is open on Aug. 5. I don’t think they do waves. With shipping and tax, it will cost me
~$200 a bottle. I agree that the age of flipping SQN is pretty much gone. You can get many of the recent releases on winebid for about a 20-30% premium over release.
Occasionally the offer is even below release price (2011 and 2014 EBAs for example).

I agree the pricing has crept up, but the post stating that they are the among the most expensive rhone varietal producers is not quite true.
There are high for California, but Colgin and Kongsgard are right up there. Then there is Rayas, Chave, Guigal La-Las and various Hermitage releases.
Then you have the top Oz wines: Grange, Hill of Grace, Astralis, Torbreck Run Rig and Les Amis. And don’t forget Hors Categorie. I’m sure there are
others selling for $200+.

BTW, my email says Aug 4th.

Works out to $181/bottle shipping to MA.

Pretty much top 20 worldwide however. Those examples are the cream of the crop, and Grange if I am not mistaken has a drop or two of cabernet mixed in at times? La Las are pretty small production where Manfred is expanding his vineyards and bringing more product on line. Rayas? yeah that is the hot commodity now but try and lay your hands on a bottle. Australis is comparable price, about 200$.

Just did a quick check, Run Rig is $179.99 at K and L. Hundo point rating.

Sorry for my typo, it is Aug. 4.

I’ve been buying since 2013 and will again this release. Probably two bottles each.

It’s not all or none?

You can buy whatever you want, if you get large formats they ask that you buy whole offer.

I don’t remember the exact date but I feel like sometime in 2012?

I was surprised to see my allocation is 6 each now. What’s the initial allocation?

If this is an allocation people can share and you’re passing on some or all I would love to pick up a couple.

I think that the normal allocation unless you ask for different, although I’ve heard sometimes the first one might be less as they try to squeeze people on?

If anyone is passing please let me know. I would love the allocation

As an additional data point, I signed up in 2011 I believe. Early enough that I received the actual post cards telling me to pound sand for a few years before they went to email only. I just got the save the date a few weeks ago after an email saying that I would either get a first offer on this go around or the next.

I just got to try the 2005 Syrah last month and it blew my doors off. Took 2 hours to blossom but it was really great. It is absolutely a stretch for me to buy wine at this price, but I’m glad to hear that you don’t have to take a full case or something silly like that.

$15 per bottle shipping. [swearing.gif]

The standard Spring allocation is 6 + 6. You can wish for more, but I’ve never gotten any extra. After many years, you might get offered the magnum set. I’ve been on >10 years and I was just offered magnums last year. I have been getting two estate boxes for several years. Not sure what the next level is, or if I could afford it.

I finally made the bigs after joining the waiting list 8 years ago to the day (8/4/2012). I didn’t include it in the budget so stuff will be moved around, but I will obviously be taking my 3+3. But no more new lists for me! I mean it this time.

The standard allocation for us newbies is 3+3.

First time get offered to wish list mags. I will add it on.

Names:

2020 Sine Qua Non Grenache “Profuga”
2018 Sine Qua Non Syrah “Squeezebox”

Actually got allocated 3+6 this time.