2019 Harlan Offering

Plenty of people with a ton of money that will buy it. Sad part is there are so many better wines for a fraction of the price.

2 Likes

Do you think I’ll get a scolded if I sell my 2001 and 2002?

1 Like

Check the auction prices. A much better indicator of worth. These prices won’t move the wine very fast off the shelves/

Love to taste it blind against a $400 Palmer 2018.

1 Like

I loved The Maiden. One of the best values in Napa at $150.

1 Like

Maybe yes, maybe no. What you selling them for?

My only Harlan was a 2002 Maiden that I bought in 2015 from Premier Cru from $130. I feel old, poor, ignorant and nostalgic.

1 Like

I’d also point out that if you visit Napa somewhat regularly, the opportunity to visit Harlan is worth quite a bit—especially with a group. People pay something like $200-250/head to visit Promontory which is the closest public “comp” I can come up with.

1 Like

Now closer to $400 I believe, but you are definitely right about tasting at Harlan.

Just for clarity, the tasting costs $400 and it’s a very unique experience worth doing? Might add to my list if so.

2 Likes

Visited Harlan last weekend - amazing experience

2 Likes

It’s $400 per couple looking back at one of my emails. That said they have always comped it with order, founders list status, etc.

I highly recommend Promontory as a tasting.

Promontory tasting and wines in general are superb. Granted prices aren’t cheap lol.

I have probably talked about this in other threads (see is Abreu worth the tariff), but Harlan Estate and Abreu are two of the high priced wines that have NEVER disappointed me. Many others have been mostly a hit, but not always – I can say with confidence there has never been a miss with these two. I have never had anything less than a next level experience with both. Ultimately, these wines are a luxury and at some point, will be too expensive for me to afford – perhaps in the near future. Regardless, I don’t buy them for value, but to share with best friends and put an exclamation point(!) on special occasions. In that regard, they have never disappointed.

4 Likes

Was pretty easy to get on the list years ago. The last vintage I bought was 2010. Stayed on the list for another 8 years or so until they finally dropped me off. Love the wine but comes a point when the wine isn’t worth the money considering the other available options. Pretty ballsy of them to threaten to drop people off for reselling. Of course people are buying this for investment purposes.