2020 Maybach Release

Rick, if you google 2019 Maybach Materium you will find the link to the Maybachwine website that shows JD’s scores. You can also see the JD score for 2019 Maybach Vocabulum, which is the Thorevilos fruit. Interesting that they are announcing that wine as “Ecotone” in their email, especially since it has already been labeled with the Vocabulum name. If you just enter www.maybachwine.com into your browser, it takes you to an older webpage for some reason.

what was last year’s materium priced at? thanks

$195

Materium is always my favorite Napa cab. Normally I also buy some Amoenus and Eterium as well, but I’m trying to cut budget this year so I may skip those this time around and pick up some Ecotone to try something new. Will have to see what the allocations + pricing look like.

There is an unnamed project as well, as I know who is making the wine.

It’s the Martinetti (I think I spelled this wrong) family from Boston that bought the vineyard. Brilliant purchase by them.

Love Maybach and will buy what I can justify (although not likely full allocation). Materium is an annual buy, followed by Amoenus, and I have purchased Irmgard and Eterium in some years.

Will definitely get the Materium (JD100) again and likely the Ecotone (JD98). Possibly the Amoenus (JD99). I generally align with Jeb’s palate, so nice to see these scores. Will need to see pricing and allocation.

Maybach, Realm, and Greer are my only higher priced CA cabs/blends that I still buy yearly.

I’ve had Materium before, and LOVE it, but I’ve yet do try the Amoenus. Is there a general difference between the two anyone can explain?

thanks mark. looks like this offer is going to hurt

I await my invite. I’ll come with chile rellenos!

sure thing curtis [cheers.gif]

1 Like

I had both of these wines (16’ vintage) a year or so ago and it was clearly obvious the Materium had more tannins and a tad more richness. However, I had preferred the Amoenus at the time for it’s balance. Definitely rich, polished and complex like the Materium, but it didn’t shout “cellar me” as much as the Materium did. I referred to it as hedonistic in my prior notes. For it’s weight class at the time ($165), it really did deliver the goods and sure went down quick.

2 Likes

For me the Amoenus is just a hair below the Materium and usually shows better earlier. I load up on both. Materium seems harder to get on the secondary market for even close to retail

1 Like

I’m in as usual. All great and can’t wait to try the Vocabulum. Hopefully I get enough to at least try one early ( but not TOO early)

Does anyone know if these are first come first served or reserved for a certain amount of time?

Logged in and allocations are up Materium price jump to $225

I believe it’s first come, first served.

IN ! [cheers.gif] [wow.gif] flirtysmile

Me to. Tried at 1154 EST and ordered.

Whelp…just melted my Amex. But this is one of my top 3 releases every year so I guess it’ll be okay. That’s what I’ll tell myself at least.

Looks like very small allocations of the Vocabulum. Only 2 guaranteed for me. Anyone get more?

Only got 2 Vocabulum as well. Picked up both.

The allocations are first come/first served.