2021 Under $15.00 Wine Thread

Louis Jadot 2019 Beaujolais Villages is a light red, strawberry-fruited, with a touch of spice and tannin. No impulse to tease out what is going on any further. A “modest” “everyday” wine that is enjoyable. $12.99 +/-

1 Like

Had the Mr. B today at my in-laws house out of a plastic cup and it was still rocking!

Just bought a case of Roederer Anderson Valley Brut for $15.00 a bottle. One of the better sparkling values out there.

+2 Amazing mature wine for this price!

Our house champagne. Where did you get it for $15?

Costco has it for $19.

We have a chain called Top 10 Liquors and the only time they have anything worth buying is their sunday specials (one day only). Nice thing a few shops price match so took advantage of that.

Just opened a 2018 and its very nice for $ 14…

1 Like

Always see this on sale in Minneapolis for around $13 so for sure one of the better Cabs out there for less than $15.00. Have you tried Substance from Washington State?

Yes. Its nice but the 2018 Louis Martini Sonoma Cab is better imho. The 2018 Louis is better than i had in long time.

Picking one up soon. I need more every day drinkers.

I found MTP’s Shebang Red at Costco the other day for $9.99, you better believe I backed up the truck. Not only the best wine in the world under $10 in my opinion but also easily competes with anything else at the under $15 level.

Here’s two normally reliable producers that are under $15.00 I would not recommend:

The Substance was good on day 2 in the morning but that afternoon tasted like a cheap port which carried into day 3.
2018 Substance Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, Washington (6/26/2021)
Day 1: Spices, dark fruits, floral, coffee beans and mild heat. Medium finish. Comparing this to the Louis Martini Sonoma Cabernet and very similar in quality. This is not as good as previous vintages. 87 points
Day 2: Better on day 2. Cherry, blueberries, coffee beans and floral notes. The heat of day 1 is not noticable and much smoother effort. This is not a pop and pour wine and should be decanted. 88 points
Day 3: This is not good at all. Smoke, brown sugar almost tastes like a really cheap port. 72 points
Day 4: 70 points
Recommendation: It is not bad but not nearly as drinkable as other vintages. (88 points)

Never really liked this over the 3 days.
2018 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County - USA, California, Sonoma County (6/26/2021)
Day 1: Well below the community average price of $19. Picked up for $12.99. A bit disjointed and a bit manufactored for my tastes. Sweet cherries, mild spices, dried herbs and a bit of heat on the finish. Will revisit. 86 points
Day 2: Still tastes manufactored to me. Sweet fruits, spice and dried herbs. Still some heat on the finish. Not seeing any improvement. 85 points
Day 3: Not much improvement and not my cup of tea.
Recommedation: Serving this to my brother blind he thought it was a GSM blend from Australia which makes sense with the sweeter fruit profile. (86 points)

Drank some La Crema years ago before I was into wine, then quickly wrote it off. Maybe I’ll try it out, I tend to correlate with RP’s ratings.

Kermit Lynch Terres d’Avignon Cotes du Rhone at $13.99!!

I’m finding Costco’s own-brand Sonoma County Old Vine Zinfandel very drinkable at under $10 a bottle.

• 2019 Gaia Moschofilero Monograph - Greece, Peloponnisos (5/3/2021)
    No formal notes, but this is just awesome stuff. Vibrant, juicy, delicious. Would be killer with some oysters or crab.

Posted from CellarTracker

Most places have this at $10-$12. It’s killer.

I tasted through J Lohr’s entry level line-up a couple months back and was thoroughly impressed across the board. Wines that really taste like wine.

I have always thought that the Guigal Cotes du Rhone equals great value and can often be found for $15. Serve slightly below cellar temp.

This 2015 Douloufakis Dafnios is unoaked vidiano from Crete and set me back a whopping $14. It has aged wonderfully and is a full-bodied pleasure with great acidity.

It’s fairly called the “condrieu of Crete.” For info on vidiano, see Vidiano | Yiannis Karakasis MW The ultimate guide to Crete's star variety, Vidiano

A Paolo scavino white sorriso popped up in my market. Have gone through several. Really nice sunny afternoon wine. $15 or less