2022 Kinsman Eades release (8/2022, 2019 vintage)

Ditto for me.

Lots of positive news in this morningā€™s email ā€“ both for long time fans of the KE portfolio and those looking forward to their first allocation. Anyone know anything about the Kodo vineyard? Sounds like itā€™s Promontory-esque terroir?

Also excited to see Nigelā€™s take on Thorevilos. Itā€™s a unique site and, though Iā€™ve checked in a few times on some Abreu, even the 2001ā€™s Iā€™ve tried arenā€™t close to ready for me yet.

4 Likes

The email was a very welcome read on the last day of 2023! Itā€™s exciting to see their portfolio continue to grow, especially with these new sites. So happy for Shae and Nigel!

2 Likes

I was happy to see this morningā€™s email as well - sounds like some intriguing additions to the portfolio!

1 Like

I believe the owner is on the left.

1 Like

will require tough choices on buyer end, at least in my case. I cannot be purchasing 5+ 3 packs from one winery at over $1K per 3-pack landed. I love these wines and happy for Shae and Nigel but will be required to say no to a number of the offerings

4 Likes

Itā€™s a challenge for sure, but personally, Iā€™m planning on pulling back or dropping off other lists to make room for these.

4 Likes

I agree it will be tough. Hoping to pull off what tyler mentioned below

With four 3 packs of Anjea Iā€™ll be passing on that and buying some new offerings, and Iā€™ve also dropped several lists. I think Iā€™m down to about 4 lists total now.

2 Likes

I was very excited to read about these myself. Kinsman is absolutely (along with MacDonald) my favorite Cali winery so the more the better. After all my favorite wine from 23 was a KE Voleuse.

2 Likes

The Voleuse is amazing, and that is not even included in the 6 2021 releases

1 Like

La Voleuse wonā€™t be around for a number of years due to the 2020 fires. I do love seeing them expand their fruit sources. Itā€™ll be interesting to see where the Kodo is from.

2 Likes

Based on Shaeā€™s description of where Kodo sits, it makes me think VHR (at the toes of the Mayacamas in southern Oakville), but since Kaannos already has a label and given whatā€™s on the Oakville AVA map, Iā€™m not even sure what else exists that theyā€™d be sourcing from from.

Anyone have guesses? Harlan seems to be the closest in proximity, but canā€™t imagine thatā€™s it.

1 Like

I checked my handy Vinous Oakville map and my guess is Marthaā€™s Vineyard. Or To Kalon?

Maybe Harlan or Futo if theyā€™ve begun selling some of their fruit to diversify revenue streams? Not like either of those estates probably need the funds, but you never knowā€¦ Nigel does like his mountain fruit (Rhad)

2 Likes

Okay, now Iā€™m not going to be satisfied until my allocation of Kinsman Eades MACDONALD.

To Kalon and Marthaā€™s arenā€™t really southern Oakville, though. They are fairly far up in the Oakville AVA.

Harlan, BOND, and VHR are the only places that make sense. But even then, BOND really isnā€™t that much farther south than what you mentioned leaving Harlan and Futo?

I am hesitant to guess because they donā€™t seem to want the source disclosed yet, but I love a good wine mystery so I canā€™t resistā€¦

My guess is M-Bar Vineyard, which is near VHR, lesser known, and Accendo currently sources fruit from there.

4 Likes

Shae, please donā€™t hate me!! :pray: :smiling_face:

A KE x MACDONALD collab would be epic

2 Likes

looking at the map of the area itā€™s going to be some special stuff one way or another

MAP LINK

4 Likes