2022 Kinsman Eades release (8/2022, 2019 vintage)

Was hoping Backus vineyard but that’s more east along the Silverado trail.

2 Likes

First time on the list after picking up some Aisana. Do they offer most wines first allocation or is it fairly limited? Excited for these new sites as well!

I’m guessing it will be a bit limited. After my first offering in 19 (Aisana) next time around (21 futures offering) Aisana and Rhad were allocated. Picked up both, and this spring will be 3rd time around for me. Hoping for at least one of the 21s I didn’t already pick up as futures, but their allocations are always tight and production not huge, so we’ll see.

1 Like

Thanks! Do they usually do futures on their allocations as well?

I would LOVE to see him make wines from Backus.

Or maybe Tench? Really anything in that area, preferably hillside. C’mon Nigel, get er done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely would be amazing on backus. One of my favorite oakville sites. And hillside would be amazing as well. Backus it is :joy:

1 Like

I don’t believe so - I think this was because they didn’t release in 2020, so offered futures to cover the gap

2 Likes

That is correct.

2 Likes

Description to me sounded like it’s very similar to Promontory.

1 Like

It wasn’t the 2020 fires that led to the ripping out and replanting of Geeslin. The vines were in very poor health due to cuts in the vines. There’s a video that James Molesworth made with Shae and Nigel explaining this.

1 Like

You’re right and thanks for clarifying. The video said something about the vascular systems getting compromised and eventually die due to those cuts so they pulled and replanted. The same video mentioned the fires and 2020, but unrelated to the Geeslin replanting.

All of this exciting Kinsman talk, plus the cold weather, makes me want to open something. I’ve had both 18/19 Rhad and 19 Anjea in the last 4 months, but I think it’s too soon for 18/19 La Voleuse, even with an extended decant.

Maybe some Aberro Syrah to scratch the itch. :grin:

Wish I had more older 750ml vintages! Larger formats are still laying down.

4 Likes

How long did you decant the 19 Anjea?

Decanted for 4 and drank over 2+ hours. I’d recommend decanting for 6 and going from there. The best glass was definitely the last one, so I wish I would have held out a bit longer, but it was absolutely phenomenal.

It was a little muted and tight for the first 90 mins and started to wake up after that.

3 Likes

I’ve been buying KE since the '16 vintage (skipped '17) and the only bottle that I’ve opened was a '16 Rhad (I still think about that wine). Keep wanting to save them for a special occasion but pretty soon I’m gonna say F it and pop a couple open. Maybe to celebrate UConn getting #6?. That will happen in early April so might pull the trigger before that. Decisions Decisions…

2 Likes

Decision to skip 17? I know it wasn’t a great vintage, but assuming it would be great from KE still.

I had the 17 Anjea and it was excellent.

3 Likes

This is an amazing map. Are there more like it out there?

2 Likes

I second this request…just wasted 30 minutes of my life playing around on that map. Would love to see more!

I searched for more but could’t find any. Looks like someone really put in some time to plot out and detail that in Google My Maps.