A wine list

Bobby’s gon find the Meyney!

1 Like

Neal, I saw the first page and said, these are cheap! Realized they were .375s. But there are some gems to be sure!

Like a shoat to his mamma, a pig to truffles.

An Ar.Pe.Pe. bottle is where my coins would land.

Fantastic list, prices of the recognizable bottles are rough. I’d put myself in the hands of the Somme, if I wanted a white and a red I’d plan on spending at least $350-400.

The trouble is, I’d have to order an aperitif to sip on while I decide which champagne to pop.

After visiting Piedmont and Barolo on our honeymoon a couple of years ago the wife and I find it impossible to order Barolo in restaurants anymore. We were spending $80 on wines in restaurants in Italy that are $400 on that list. Obviously you won’t find them cheaper than in the heart of Barolo, but that sticker shock when we came back was real ha.

1 Like

Thanks for posting. I see they also have location in Miami. I just made a reservation for Saturday. The rules are different in Miami. Corkage is allowed Sunday to Thursday $50. Good wine list but not as extensive as DC. They also add 2% fee for COVID cleaning.

1 Like

That’s a very nice wine list. Yes, most prices are high, but there are bottles in a wide range of prices that I’d be happy to order.

I haven’t bought a wine off a restaurant wine list in so long I’ve forgotten what it’s like.

This pricing is pretty standard in Denver, not sure what the deal is here. Retail tends to be 20% higher than NYC and restaurants tend to be 3x retail

It’s irrelevant how nice the wine list is at those prices. I consider it an insult to any real wine drinker and would avoid the place if at all possible. The food cannot possibly be good enough to justify the markups.

If you can expense, maybe a different story, but not less scrupulous.

I’m glad this is not the standard around here, otherwise I would probably avoid most fine dining.

FYI;
Been there, done that, on somebody else’s dime. Overpriced, slooow service in private room and, my friend had sold them a lot of wine.
Not for me !

Really wanted Il Gabbiano but I waited too long and they only had 5:00pm or 10:00pm. We are going after the Marlins…Mets game so we will be close by. We will give it a try and report back.