Aack! Shipment notices have started

About 10 cases, but it’s all coming to my local UPS store. They receive it and I come by and pick it up at my convenience. Then I sneak it into the basement when my wife is sleeping. I got a box so I would have a “business” address to receive wine and no one would have to wait for packages to be delivered at home. The ability to hide my deliveries is a bonus.

I contacted a couple of retailers to ship this week. 13 boxes showed up on Monday. [swoon.gif]

Good thing I held back the bulk for later…

Rivers Marie shipment is en route, but the floodgates open next week for fall shipments.

Di Costanzo
Diamond Creek
Carlisle
Bedrock
Detert
Dunn
EMH
Myriad
Neal
Outpost
Turley

My shipments may be more modest than some others this year, but regardless I have far less stress because Covid means I’m working from home, making it much easier not to miss a FedEX/UPS delivery. Oh how I hated the stress of hoping I’d be home in time, or having to redirect to a fedex office and pick up . . .

After mentioning to my wife we could start ignoring some of the discounted offers we’ve been receiving. Then a Hanzell Chard offer pops up on Last Bottle. Bit for 3. Then a Jeff Cohn offer arrives for buy 6 or 12 and get another 6 or 12 free, half off. Covers almost all Jeff’s wines.

He must have trouble selling through the 2016s. The same wines for sale now are the same ones for sale when we visited 2 years ago. Love them all but can’t buy them all.

My FedEx driver asked me if I owned a wine store. [snort.gif]

Only 6 bottles on the pending list this fall.
I’ve been soooo good.

I am in 4 digits pending, if it makes you feel better. Thats excluding my de negoce.

Whats particularly terrifying for me is retailers have been receiving their 2018 BDX EPs that are >14%Abv . I was assuming all those were coming in oct 2021 so i may have to get yet another offsite locker already. Yikes.

Damn. At that point you’re counting deliveries by the pallet instead of by the case.

Somehow I keep on receiving cases and cases of wine, but my pending number stays the same…. [help.gif]

Yes the flood is coming. Fun and terrifying, all at once.

Thank goodness for CT. Quite a few times my records of purchases have been more accurate than my retailers’. Kind of embarrassing to send an ‘excuse me but did you overlook those 6 bottles of XX purchased March 3rd?’ or some such.

I had 56 bottles pending delivery before this week. Of these, 6 came yesterday, 12 more are supposed to arrive today and more will come next week. A lot of what is remaining after this will be some German wines.

So, I think I have the second lowest number pending on this thread [winner.gif] (behind David, of course [worship.gif] [worship.gif] [worship.gif] ).

This has been my biggest issue with wine shipments since I retired. It was really easy to have wine shipped to me when I was working and wines just went to my office’s mail room. But, now I hate having to stay home waiting for a package. I would rather be outside playing golf, etc. I am starting to have wines shipped to a fedex pickup spot at a Walgreens. We will see how that works.

I have a FedEx store close to me that I usually ship to, but a Walgreens even closer. It worked fine, though the program had just started so the clerk was a bit confused on process. I wouldn’t worry . . .

The Walgreens connection has worked really well for us. Twice the driver has automatically taken boxes addressed to our home to a Walgreens two miles away if we’re not at home at time of delivery. Same day. I get an email notice of the delivery attempt and diversion. No intervention by me. Didn’t expect that and don’t think it’s standard practice.

60 bottles still on their way and I have zero space after the Qupe and two cases of dN that I didn’t plan on buying.

I have a FedEx store a few miles away. It was on my way home from work (when I didn’t work from home). I would just stop by on my way home. It works out well so I don’t have to worry about being home. It is also one of the first stops so I know the wine isn’t on the truck all day.

My wife always laughs at me because the staff knows me by name. I just walk in, one of them sees me, and gets the box from the back. The other day they had a new employee, and that person started to ask “can I help you “, but one of her coworkers interrupted her and said “That’s Mr. VanDenbussche here for his wine”

Not only do I have 5 cases coming of which I only have room for 2 in the fridge, I just got a notice from K&L that a 2018 Bordeaux future had arrived. I thought I had another 6 months! [wow.gif]